Air filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandersander

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What kind of air filter would you guys reccomend for a little better performance? I have a stock tmaxx filter now.

You need to get a Motor Saver air filter. They're cheap and they work. STAY AWAY from the paper style and the cones like K&N

Traxxas doesn't want you to change things because they have come up with a design that they believe will make your engine last the longest. By adding an aftermarket air filter you are going to give the engine more making it run lean. Without proper tuning you could damage your engine. I would say traxxas is trying to avoid this situation also. But I would reccommend the motor saver as well.

So should I buy one?

Well actually I was looking for a performance gain. And maybe a sweet look. Not just to have what everybody else has.I'm not 100% on the rag idea . DOes the stock filter provide good filtration?

the stick filter is designed to give top filtration but in my opinion now top air flow. with the motor saver filter it also gives excellent filtration and excellent air flow. i would definetly go with the motor saver filter, i have one and it works great.

i tried 2 other after market filters and they both didnt add up to the motor saver.

+1 for the motor saver filter and prefilter

I like the stock TRX one simply because that huge blob of foam looks very imposing to both me and any dirt that thinks of entering the engine. It soaks up air filter oil like a freaking sponge, though.

ic. Well does a motorsaver increade performance over the stock tmaxx one?

It does, simply because more air can flow into the engine. That also means that you will need to retune when you put it on though.

I figured as much. Well I will save up. How much are they give or take?

Cool. Thanks cupooterluvr!

Well actually I was looking for a performance gain. And maybe a sweet look. Not just to have what everybody else has.I'm not 100% on the rag idea .

I was messin' with ya.
The point is that the Motorsaver is preferred by just about everyone, so that's the one you want.
Do a search. You can get it for 12.99.

I figured as much. I knew you were either kidding or super pissed at something. Yeah I will look into them. So I have another question, Is it finer or more course?

It is the best overall filter to protect your engine. A screen on the outside, a dry filter, and an oiled filter for the extremely fine dust that gets through.
Rarely do you even see the inner filter get dirty. You just flick the dust off the outer one.
If you've ever seen the oily mud that collects on a stock oiled filter, you'll know that the air flow is being restricted very quickly.

Yeah, that makes a lean setting and that = bad. Yeah I will get a motorsaver. Thanks for the info everybody.

Back