Air filter for Hyper 7.5 with Mac Star .28 6p

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamedhbb

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have inherited above car and trying to get it ready to run. I am struggling to find the sponge for the air filter that is shown below. Appreciate if anyone help me find out. I see most similar cars have a oval shape filter. Thanks
12636A7E-E5AE-4540-AB7A-23E5924259E3.jpeg

B918F25D-3CF9-4B12-9A88-520094B8F670.jpeg

8253E780-6977-4A0D-B203-CD6DAE8C94CC.jpeg

Nice buggy!

Something like this this would probably work, you could also get a whole new air filter for ~$10 just to be sure.
Perfect Thank you. That looks like it!

Yes excited to get it running.

Would also help me decide about fuel? The engine manual says:
“Byron RACE Gen2, Byron RACE Gen2 RTR and Model Technics Dynaglow.
Keep between 10 and 20% nitromethene content for running and first use.”

But I see people suggest anything from 16% to 25%. Obviously I doubt I would race it until I get used to it. So a balance between protection and performance is what I am after at the moment.

Sorry to keep asking but do you know what are those zip ties around the head for?
I have seen another forum member with similar model had them as well.
C02E5080-9BF9-4AD4-BF22-62CBB28FBCC0.jpeg

Perfect Thank you. That looks like it!

Yes excited to get it running.

Would also help me decide about fuel? The engine manual says:
“Byron RACE Gen2, Byron RACE Gen2 RTR and Model Technics Dynaglow.
Keep between 10 and 20% nitromethene content for running and first use.”

But I see people suggest anything from 16% to 25%. Obviously I doubt I would race it until I get used to it. So a balance between protection and performance is what I am after at the moment.

I run Sidewinder 20% nitro / 12% oil, "race blend"

Their website lists the composition of every blend, 10-14% is advisable.

Torco and VP fuels are also reputable, Bones brew is well-regarded and custom blends are available, though I haven't tried it yet.

Over that starts to bog down the engine, some people run as low as 8% in competition but that's risking damage if it's tuned lean / runs away.

I believe the zip ties are to slightly protect the cooling head and also keep the body shell from touching the hot cooling head.

Welcome to RCT. I always used Byron’s fuel but they went out of business a while back. Been using Losi Nitrotane because that’s what my LHS had in stock. I’ve also heard good things about Bones Brew. Nitrotane working just fine but going to order some Bones Brew the next time I need fuel. It’s quite a bit cheaper than other fuels.

Thank you both
A quick search brings up mostly Optifuel and some ModelTechnics here in the UK. I hope these are just fine