Help buying air filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeromotive

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all.

So after finding and fixing my servo problem (thanks to everyone who helped), I would like to change my air filter on my DBX 2.0.

After I took off the filter to check my carb opening, I took the foam off and realized it was pretty dirty. I'd rather change it than try to clean it and cause more harm by not cleaning it properly.

I don't mind changing the whole set to get a more "universal" size and fit if that's needed, but how to shop for air filters? There are so many over the web...

Also a little help about filter oil would be appreciated : my stock air filter looks so dry I'm not even sure it was oiled by the manufacturer?!

Thanks in advance.
Aero.

Edit : Amain suggests this, but I would have to trim it a little bit. Anything wrong with that?

Last edited:
Go with a motor saver filter, you will never look back. They are amazing and work very well.

wwdragon

Go with a motor saver filter, you will never look back. They are amazing and work very well.

wwdragon

+1 on this advice

transmited from a mobile communications device

I use fab 1 air filter oil. Its used on motocross bikes and 4wheelers. Very sticky stuff plus it sheds water.

Sent from my XT907

I certainly agree, Motor Saver filter.

K&N all the way:D...........jk bro go with the motor saver. Hence the name "motor saver" :wheee:

OH MY GOD! Please dont buy a K&N. lol. Motor saver for the best or at least a good two stage filter like traxxas or HPI uses. I've never had a problem with mine but i would rather have the motor saver.

All right then, Motor Saver it is...
Now how to buy this? Do I just measure my original sponge and go for one with the same size (or take a bigger one and trim it) and cheapest price?
Or is there more than that? Do I have to change the whole system, including the rubber neck?

Thanks!
Aero.

I got basic internet-searching skills and I found their website... I was just asking about any compatibility issues I should be watching for.

I linked the site because they have measurements for the filters and info that basically has the answers to the questions your asking. Most of the filters come with the neck that fits model specific applications. I've been searching for the product myself for certain applications and found all i need to know from the site. Plus their prices are as cheap as ebay. Some even cheaper. If you already have a two stage filter you may want to consider one of the new pre filters that repel water and seats around your stock filter providing the protection of the filter sets them self. Did not mean to say that you didnt have basic search skills but you would be surprised at the amount of people that dont. I just ordered one of the pre filters for the D8T filter myself. Motor saver does not make a filter for that truggy so from researching the site i found that it would suit my needs fine for my truggy build.

hey guys on the motor savers do you have to buy the filter then the outer saver separately i need a filter for my savage

Answer from Motor Saver :

We do not make a filter for the Kyosho DBX 2.0 because all of the buggies
have gone to low profile and there's not much room to build much of anything
to fit under the bodies.

:(

Bummer! My personal preference is to stay stock. Reason being, on my Losi 8, and traxxas models the air filters are always in stock at my local shop. I prefer to replace my filters rather than clean them out. If I was to wash any filter its limited to the outer only, if the inner is dirty I toss it out.

Back