A couple new one's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is my sons first crack at fasmask and my "old" airbrush:
DSCF8556.jpg
DSCF8553.gif

Puts me to shame :(

And 1 I did for my wife with the new Iwata:
DSCF8554.jpg
DSCF8555.jpg

Came out pretty good and Ill be adding the stickers later on. Didnt really tackle the shading/shadowing on it as I still suck at it but definately getting better!!

When are you going to start offering to do bodies for money?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

I was just about to ask how you like the Iwata.
Both you and your son do really beautiful work.

A great recommendation from you guys. I dont have to fight this brush when spraying and the different ajdustments make it very easy to spray. Night and day with the old brush.

---------- Post added at 5:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:44 PM ----------

When are you going to start offering to do bodies for money?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

No cash. I think spraying is most of the fun I have in this hobby and if you were up close you could see the imperfections everywhere

---------- Post added at 5:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:45 PM ----------

Wow, no offense but your son has some incredible natural talent for this stuff. If he pursues it, he could make a nice living doing airbrush work on 1:1 stuff.

He has been screwing around on some clear plastic to get a feel for how to do it. All I helped with was cutting the masking a little and explaining how to layer everything. He did the rest on his own. Colors, designs, layers - all him

13 years old. And I'd agree his is better. My wife is a plain Jane kinda girl and isnt into the crazy flames and outside the box designs. Hers is a little to "retro" for me to but she likes it so thats all that mattered.

Last edited:
I love doing Carbon Fiber on the bodies. The paint jobs look really good.

Back