4wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkline

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My Front two tires on my savage x doesn't seem to work. When I hold it up the front spins but not near as much as the rear. What could be the problem??

Missing/loose grub screw on your center or outer diff cup, blown diff or blown wheel hex's.

Those are my guesses.

Your front diff may be finished. Take the front differential out and give it a visual inspection.

also it makes a weird clicking noise

Olds pretty much covered the bases. If it's making a wierd clicking noise my guess is stripped gears in the front diff. But check the hexes and grub screw first since you don't have to disassemble anything to check those, if it's not either of those it's time to pull the diff.

It could just be the dual brakes making the clicking.

Or, your drive cups for your center axles may be worn. That causes the dog-bones to catch and click. After a while, the dog bone gets caught and snaps. You need to keep an eye on those center trans cups.

My savage has been having alot of trouble with the rear diff, and everytime it blows I get the exact same signs. The tires hardly spin (on the rear of mine), and I get that clicking noise. Open it up, somethings broken. Not to expensive to get parts for the diff. Kinda a pain to get too, but the next time you do it, it will be alot easier.

if i bought the the alloy diffs for my savage 25 would they last longer since they are shimmed? because i had the 4 bevel gear conversion on mine and the front keeps breaking after only a couple of usese