4 wheel drive to front wheel drive. Where to start?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redcat man

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Where would be a place to start looking? I was running it....it did a stoppy front flip...then went to front wheel drive. Any ideas?

Look at your manual and then flip your truck over. You'll see these drive cups where the axle goes into. One side is for the transmission side and one side is for the differential side. On those drive cups there's grub screws that will come out if the they're not loctited or if there's play in the system. Each side will have a screw in the drive cup. I would start there and if they're both there then you need to check for play in the center driveline.

Look at your manual and then flip your truck over. You'll see these drive cups where the axle goes into. One side is for the transmission side and one side is for the differential side. On those drive cups there's grub screws that will come out if the they're not loctited or if there's play in the system. Each side will have a screw in the drive cup. I would start there and if they're both there then you need to check for play in the center driveline.

Thats where I will start. Thank you

If the drive shaft to the rear is turning when it's running, it's either the locking pin or it's a problem inside the diff. Do you hear a clicking sound when it's running?

If the drive shaft to the rear is turning when it's running, it's either the locking pin or it's a problem inside the diff. Do you hear a clicking sound when it's running?

I didnt hear any clicking sound or notice the rear turning. Give it throttle and the front wheels spin and do there thing but the rear wheels don't. Not until truck moves then they move.

I will be checking it out in the morning. had no time today

Found out it was the set pin in the cup off of the rear diff.

Its a very common thing to happen to new savages. Use some red loctite when you put it back in.