360 Degree ROM Servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking for standard scale high speed 360 degree range of motion servos. By 360 I mean no stopping whatsoever they just spin and spin. Connector, manufacturer nor torque is important. The only thing I need is 360 degrees and the fastest possible speed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What are you going to use it for?? Auto remote fire paint ball gun?
I have never seen a 360 servo then again I have never looked.

Yeah man, sounds like a paintball gun setup to me... What are you up to here?! I have never heard of a 360 degree servo either...

think it may be for the hopper I would imagine.

look for boat servos, specifically sailboat. they have servos that act like winches to move the sails around with line, and have to spin 360*

jon2 said:
think it may be for the hopper I would imagine.
Exactly. High speed makes 31 balls per second attainable. The current fastest hoppers on the market only feed between 20 - 25 balls per second. I want one that will give me 31.

El Pirata said:
Exactly. High speed makes 31 balls per second attainable. The current fastest hoppers on the market only feed between 20 - 25 balls per second. I want one that will give me 31.
My buddy did some mods to his hopper as well I will ask him what he did to get more out of his. I will PM you if I find anything out...

Looking into servos, what is a coreless servo? I was thinking it might be one that goes 360 but I am not seeing anything.

coreless refers to how the servo mechanics inside are assembled. it has to do with the motor and POT iirc, and where they are placed inside the case. coreless is a good thing though.

are you aware you can probibly modify any servo to work the way you want? check on robotics boards as to what they use, and how they 360* modify thier servo's.

El Pirata said:

The Halo B with the Victory board is supposed to feed up to 35bps with a 50bps burst speed... I have one, and i believe it... I can't shoot that fast, but i can't out shoot it, and thats fast enough for me!!! :hammer:

This is true however the halo holds just a hari over 160 balls whereas the egg holds 200 balls. I like the extra capacity of the egg which is what I am planning on trying to modify for a higher feed rate. I can easily outshoot an egg with a z-board in it so I want to get a 360 servo to use instead.

Dont the hoppers just use 360 servos to drive them? I havent ripped apart my halo, but i know on my VL it had a servo 360 servo to agatate the balls...

Back