20% fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson136

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
what is the best 20% fuel to use? I've burned up my first gallon of trinity monster 20% and going to lhs for more nitro. does it make a difference what brand it is as long as its 20%

i use traxxas topfuel in my revo ever since i bought it and have had 0 problems. hope that helps.

i used traxxas top fuel then i moved to byrons gen 2 race fuel not sure if it made a difference bcuz i put a new pipe at the the same time i changed fuel but it sure is faster

revo fuel

i like to stick to one brand-which i also run trinity monsterhorsepower 20%. if u switch tuning will be off alil and have to retune-not much-but i love trinity monster fuel 20%-I've had the same quart for a yr-i keep my fuel outaa the sun and stored in a cabinet-no fall off in performance at all.

Different nitro brands have different oil content and type of oil used.. Every time you change fuel the engine will need to be re tuned.. It is best and easiest to stick to one type of nitro throughout the life of the motor.

Hope this helps.

As long as you're sticking to the same % of nitro you should be all set. I've used traxxas, Byron's and Losi Nitrotane. All at 20% and all have been fine. The one thing to be sure of in addition to the % of nitro being the same, check to make sure the fuel oil mixture in each is the same. All of the above are and, again, I've never had a problem with any of them. Haven't noticed a difference in performance either way.

i use O'Donnell 20% and it runs fantastic in it! burns real good as well

thanks everybody I'm going to stick with the monster fuel! my truck is wicked fast right now!!! and it seems to burn great.:first_place:

Yeah that stuff works good just keep running what you already have been and life will be more play and less work

I switched from trinity MHP to Byrons Gen II fuel. Byrons smoke burns my eyes less and seems to run more consistently from day to day. It's also considerably cheaper at my LHS than everything else. ;)

i used traxxas top fuel then i moved to byrons gen 2 race fuel not sure if it made a difference bcuz i put a new pipe at the the same time i changed fuel but it sure is faster

what kind of pipe did you put on and wich motor do you have

what is the best 20% fuel to use? I've burned up my first gallon of trinity monster 20% and going to lhs for more nitro. does it make a difference what brand it is as long as its 20%

stick to the same fuel and you won't have troubles tuning and starting your engine,when I switched fuels at my Revo it took me a while to get it working as it should...

Back