.12 on road car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IversonMino

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i'm trying to earn enough money for a .12 on road car, i'm not sure which one to get so could you help me on a good choice?

thanks

I run a Mugen .12 in my NTC3 and it is a bat out of hell. I purchased the 2 speed kit, 4wd, rear exhaust and bump start kit. Its wonderful.

You will find a lot of good choices out there!

Some are VERY expensive while others are VERY cheap. I would almost always recommend staying away from the cheapest ones around. In this hobby you will get what you pay for. Dont get me wrong, there are some really nice inexpensive kits I would get and run without fail. Just stay away from the really 'cheap' stuff if you can. You will be happier in the long run and less frustrated.

What price range are you looking for?

Chrisitian, YOU got a RTR ntc3? I'd of thought you got a kit. Did you install everything the kit comes with that the RTR doesn't?

I run a fully modded ntc3 kit version. With about $500 in aftermarket in it. It's a good parking lot basher and an excellent racer.

Anyhow, i've found generally the best kind of on-road is the one that's supported by your local hobby shop. I didn't have any support for my Nitro OB4 and was real frustrated when I had to wait a week for a part to come in the mail.

So check out your local hobby shop(s) and ask what they support. That'll give you a good idea of what to get.

I have a HPI RS4 3 SS for sale. It is in very good condition and will do 55 to 60 MPH. It has so many spair parts and racing parts on it. The motor was just rebuilt.
This car has parts everywhere for it. It is very strong and has only been used about 15 hrs in total.
Let me know if you would like it.
I have enough spair parts to make another SS.
Let me know
Peter
We can work on a price after.

the price really doesn't matter i just want something that i can race in and can fit the new O'donnell engine!

thanks

I will sell it to you for 375 US with all the racing hopups and I have. The car still has the manual and the box.
Peter
The car was only driven for about 15 hours, and I have rebuilt the motor.

Back