Bryson's "Revo Race Roller" Re-Birth

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

override

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I completely disassembled and reassembled this Revo today. I figure why not throw some pictures up of what I'm gonna be doing to the truck.

I had to order all new shock ends as the ones that were one it fell apart when I took them off. I also ordered a manifold for it. So far I have put a new stock clutchbell on, new throttle linkage, used Traxxas link reciever that I bought off a member on here and I cleaned every single part on it today. I dumped the old shock oil and refilled with some Losi 50 weight shock oil.

Also peeled off the stickers on the wing and put some of my own, aswell I put some stickers on the body to make it look a little more complete.

Future upgrades are hopefully going to be 3Racing bulkhead brace, transmission gaurd, finish upgrading the servo saver parts. Aluminum diff cases and diff cups and New Era BB motor mount for a Dynamite Mach2 .21.

Here are a few pictures for show, will add more later on.

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

Damn that looks good. I bet is is going to be a sweet basher.

Thanks guys ;-) My funding is gonna be low for awhile but when I get some more work done to it I will post up some more pictures. This will be a basher truck for the most part but I discover that there is a nice track that just opened up about 15 minutes from my house. They are going to have a "Grand opening race" on the 17th and the owner of the shop/track said there are going to be some big shots racing on it.

I have never ran a truck on a track nor have I actually ever seen one in person until the other day. Looks fun as hell, so I may end up racing this thing!

I have a quick question, can anyone identify the front bumper? I can take a front view picture of it if needed, but I would like to put the matching rear bumper on the truck. I like that front bumper alot, smooth finish and simple sleek look. Has REVO etched in the middle of it...

Last edited:
So I got my Golden Horizon shock rod ends in today! Got super excited about that, and of course came home to finish assembly of the shocks and essentially get the truck ready to take to the LHS tomorrow. They are supposed to have the Revo manifold I ordered in tomorrow for me to pick up. That is the final piece to the puzzle, finally I will get to see if all my efforts have paid off. I'm hoping this 3.3 will act better after I replaced the carb and sealed it up.

The steering servo seems to act sparratic aswell, when I turn it one way if I go slow and then let off the steering it will starting making a grinding noise and the steering vibrates back to nuetral. If I run it left and right fast it acts fine. Until I go all the way right and hold it there, then it does the same grinding noise and steering vibrates rapidly. I set the end points to about 1mm before they dead end, maybe I need to set it a little more though?

Can someone chime in on the height of my Revo? I have seen Revo's with alot lower center of gravity than this one has. I seem to have everything as low as it can go so I'm not quite sure why it still sits so high. I'm not done fine tuning the shocks yet though, the rear sags and the front sits high, I have the stock white springs in the front and the tan ones in the back with 50 weight oil in the shocks and the #1 little disc with the three holes in it.

Pictures below! :D

DSC01175.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

Damn thats a badass rig, noticed 2 decals that are very nice, the RCNT one of course, and Miller High Life, MMMM thats a good brew

@HPI-Killer

Thanks for the compliments! The Miller High Life decal is like 15 years old...I have an extra if you want it.

@Raiden101

That RCNT decal was made up by slowngreen...I believe I bought the last set of decals he was making but you may ask him and see if he is still making em'.

Does rcnt sell that decal, or did you make it?
Woodie is giving the RCNT decals away still I'm sure, I just got mine the other day and a bunch at that, very nicely done and made by Lloyd (slowngreen). Hit Woodie up

@HPI-Killer

Thanks for the compliments! The Miller High Life decal is like 15 years old...I have an extra if you want it.
QUOTE]

I would love to rock MHL on my rig, ill send you a PM in a bit, my fingers are on fire from the burn I got thanks to my stupidity grabbing the soldering iron on the metal neck under the handle....:angry:. Sad thing is I have lots more to solder and can't until the pain resides...

Dang man that sucks! I have burnt myself once or twice on my soldering station before. Not a good feeling but it also wasn't ever like a direct grab more of a brush or lite touch.

Rolex you goober, I'm not gonna make it a shelf queen...gonna bash it tomorrow if the hobby store gets that manifold in. XD I will on the other hand give it a good scrubbing after each bash session. I like my trucks to stay presentable to the Rolex eye! Thanks for the compliments! I must say it does look quite nice.

Go out and beat the snot out of it! If something breaks, make sure to get pics of the carnage and post them here. In other words: Have Fun!

Go out and beat the snot out of it! If something breaks, make sure to get pics of the carnage and post them here. In other words: Have Fun!

Well I sure did beat the hell out of it but I'll get to that later and a picture to go along as well!

Let me start off by saying, I wish the Revo was my first choice over the T-Maxx as this sucker flys! I played for about an hour and half worth today, getting hang of tuning again and seeing how the motor reacted to being sealed and getting a carb that isn't F-cked up. This is the first bashing session I have had on this motor that the darn thing actually held a tune! I couldn't believe it either, I kept bringing it back in, checking the temp, trying to find something wrong and it performed awesome. I couldn't find anything to b-itch about!

One other thing I would like to say is I like pull start far more better than the EZ-Start system. It so nice to just be able to pull out the glow ignitor and yank the pull start once or twice and your good. No need to carry that bulky ass wand around and try to run to your truck without dropping it.

So I finally decide that I have a good tune, its cooling off outside but it was staying a constant temp so no worries. I pop the body on and secure it down. Take it out and start making passes in the front yard and BAM! the truck just dies. So I bring it back to my truck, take a good look over and everything seems kosher. Checked the glow plug it was good. Checked the carb to make sure it was opening fully etc. good....SO, I pop on my glow ignitor and go to pull start it and barely have any compression.

:angry::angry::angry: YEAH :angry::angry::angry:

I went and blew it off, took the motor out and disassembled the pull start and back plate.

DSC01183.gif

I have a feeling the piston is f-cked too as the rod split at the piston and probably gashed it up pretty good. I'll take all apart later and examine things. If I can get buy with just a connecting rod then I will replace it if not then I'm throwing the motor up for grabs.

man that sucks.....i ordered the .19t from my lhs.. should have it wensday... i treated my self to a b-day gift

I think we just posted on each others post at the same time...lol

I went ahead and disassembled the rest of the motor and yeah the piston is screwed and I imagine the sleeve is trashed too. Little bits of the piston were everywhere. So now I'm R/C'less until I get the money for another motor. :_(

I can't imagine what would of caused the motor to do this, it was running so good.

DSC01188.gif

Nice carnage!

Few years back when i ran Revo's i always sold of the Traxxas motors first thing.
Was always worried about reliability and life span.
With the new Revo I've got now, I'm going to run the 3.3 until it dies.

Back