diff problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miledtalon

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
how do you refill the fluid in the front differential my truck is sitting idle and when i give it gas the front wheels take off and inflate and the bacvk is just towing behind I've checked the rear end and the back wheels spin regularly

Last edited:
what is the rear differental cup? is that the part that connects to the drive shaft?

hah never mind i found it ...the little hex head that your rim locks into is spun out so i need new hexs and then 2 new rims lol

The cup is what holds the planetary and sun gears of the differential. It is inside of the diff housing (the part that you can actually see). It is common that the steel crosspins in the diff break out of the grooves they reside in inside the cup. When this happens you will lose power transfer to the applicable wheels. The plastic part is what you more than likely need to replace.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSP75&P=7

trac4092.jpg

If you hold the rear bumper and give it throttle and the rear tires do not spin as much as the front, you have a problem in the diff or the drive shaft.

I've merged your threads. Only one thread per topic, please.
I've also moved it from the 'Reviews' forum to the Tmaxx forum.

Last edited:
Back