My BashMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3.3maxx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here are a few LQ shot of my built to the hilt T-Maxx

I just installed a bunch of parts and will be updating the pics in the next few days. Some higher quality pics I might add. These pics do not show the new Skids, shock towers, rear bulk or a few other goodies. These will come in the next few days

Tmaxx 3.3 version
Not your average Tmaxx
Picco .26max
Ofna Tmaxx Mount
Motorsaver Filter
Traxxas Blue Resonator Pipe
FOC
Traxxas Outer CVD's F/R
MIP Center CVD's (custom boots)
Rpm Arms all 4 cormers (Rear True Track Now installed)
Traxxas SS Hinge Pins With E-clips
ACNCM Shock Towers and Body Mounts
ACNCM F/R Skid plates
ACNCM Bumper Brackets (No Bumpers Needed)
GPM Full Center Skid
RD Logics HD Rear Bulk
Integy SHD Front Bulk
Racers Edge 7075 Aluminum Bulk Braces
Aluminum Powdercoated Chassis braces
New Era 3point Roll Bar
Proline Powerstrokes Shocks
Proline Super Stiff Springs(Running stock upper and Super Stiff lower front and all Super Stiff in rear)
Proline Cheyenne Beadlocks 40 series
Proline 23mm Hex adaptors
Proline Steering Kit
Proline Bowtie 40 series
Hitec HS645mg Steering Servo
Vantage Carbon Fiber Wing w/Tekno mount
Parma Toyota Tundra Body
Stainless Screw Kit

Really the only things left stock are the throttle servo and mount and the diffs and Tranny, oh yeah and the Chassis. Which all will be soon to come.

Attachments

• maxx1.jpg
    maxx1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 226
  • maxx10.jpg
    maxx10.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 194
  • maxxmod6.jpg
    maxxmod6.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 211
  • maxxmod7.jpg
    maxxmod7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Looks awesome! Now, go get it dirty and break something on it.

That is why its as built as it is. I dont play softly. I like to work on it as much as I play. I need to swtich out to a rotostart though. The Ofna Pullstarts dont like the compression this thing has. I have just started tuning and keep getting cut short due to pullstart springs breaking. I am switching to rotostart and should have this thing tuned pretty soon

Realistically it shouldnt really break anymore, there really isnt anything to break besides an a-arm and I have plenty of replacement Rpm's.

yeah and watch the hard landings the little ears on the chassis tending to brek on mine

The best is yet to come, the new pics will have all the "new" parts I just installed!

IMO, a guy is better off just buying a savage and being done with it. Or if s/he wants to bash hard right away. JMO though.

I didnt realize I asked it to be compared. I would have done the same thing to a Savage. 1/2 the fun is wrenching and adding parts. Its a project as well as a toy. So lets try to use discretion here when it comes to comments like that when a guy is just trying to show off what he has built and loves. No need to try and make someone feel inferior because you dont like to "Build" your Rc.

every1 beats on the maxx bud get used to it. personaally i would take a maxx like yours over any savage

personally i think the savage is a boat

and you have one beatiful rig there man should be tough as nails

have you had any problems with the integy bulks?

I'm sorry 3.3max. I like your maxx just to be clear, I didn't mean to make it seem inferior. I know it is definatly not. I guess it depends on the guy. What I meant to say was that out of the box a tmaxx isn't really bash ready and a savage is more bash ready. I know for sure you're tmaxx is upgraded like hell and didn't mean to offend you. Again sorry. We good?

flanders is right as much as i hate the savage most people say it is a beast out of the box but i am a die hard traxxas fan i have a e-maxx a revo and a rusty the maxx with ups though rox and yours is definatly one of the best I've seen

Last edited:
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, YOUR tmaxx is well AWESOME! I meant what bob said. Its better out of the box.

Cmon guys. This guy has put a lot of time and money into this rig, building it into what it is, and started his own thread to show off his build. I've had a lot of RC's, including a Savage and a T-Maxx. It doesn't matter which one I think is better, because I have WAY more respect for someone that builds there RC than I do for someone who just buys something out of the box and runs it.

I know you apoligized flander, and I'm really glad, but apparently Bob doesn't see what is wrong here. This is the projects section, an it's very rude and shows a total lack of respect to come on here and trash his ride like that. Even if you did have a better truck, this isn't the place to bring the disrespect. It's nothing personal, I would have said the same thing if someone would have done that to you.

Well i realized the error of my ways. I just hope 3.3maxx can see that I am truly sorry.
OK... now back to his truck... I see no integy parts. good man. well integy is alright but well there should be a whole section on that. I like that blue rollbar. I gotta know what it protects? Like it obviously helps but what does it stop from getting wrecked?

When the truck flips over, that roll bar keeps the important parts such as the engine, tranny, spur gear, air filter, etc... from hitting the ground on a hard impact.

i never dissed on his truck i was just saying most people agree that the savage is better if you read both of my posts i was very impressed with his maxx and said i would take it over any savage i do not see how that is bashing on his rig and also its a beatiful truck and I've said that more then once i dont see how anything i have said can be taken as direspectful

flanders is right as much as i hate the savage most people say it is a beast out of the box but i am a die hard traxxas fan i have a e-maxx a revo and a rusty the maxx with ups though rox and yours is definatly one of the best I've seen

i see absolutly no diserespect here i am throughly impressed about 3.3s maxx and i explain that here disrespect i hardly understand where you got that one at charlie?

All good guys, lets just keep it on topic.
The Integy Front Bulk has faired So/So. The 1st day I got it I took it out to a brutal spot and ran in to a boulder. It smashed the fron of the bulk where the hinge pin goes through. The E-clip came off but the hinge pin is wedged. It hasnt moved at all and will not come out of the bulk. I have a new Rd Logics Front Bulk ready to go on when it takes a dump, if it does. It really doesn't look ike its ever going to move.

I am now waiting for a rotostart backing plate because the Ofna Pullstarts are junk. I will finally be able to tune it this weekend. I started last weekend but the 2nd pullstart took a dump right as I started to tune and adjust shift points.

I am having trouble getting my pc to recognize my SD card though. so pics are going to be one more day

Until you get the roto-start backplate, I'll give you a tip to get it started without breaking the pullstart. I had a Savage and they are notorious for having high compression when new. I thought that I had a bad one way bearing, cleand it, replaced it, same thing. I finally relaized that it was the compression. If you crack the glow plug open some, then try to start it, it will ease up on the compression and allow you to start it without all the stress on the pull start. As soon as it starts, use the glow plug igniter to screw it back in, then use the wrench to tighten it. That was the only thing that allowed me to get my truck through break in, and then I used a lot of after run oil after running it to help it the next time. After a few tanks after break in, the pinch loosened up just enough to let me start it like normal.

Until you get the roto-start backplate, I'll give you a tip to get it started without breaking the pullstart. I had a Savage and they are notorious for having high compression when new. I thought that I had a bad one way bearing, cleand it, replaced it, same thing. I finally relaized that it was the compression. If you crack the glow plug open some, then try to start it, it will ease up on the compression and allow you to start it without all the stress on the pull start. As soon as it starts, use the glow plug igniter to screw it back in, then use the wrench to tighten it. That was the only thing that allowed me to get my truck through break in, and then I used a lot of after run oil after running it to help it the next time. After a few tanks after break in, the pinch loosened up just enough to let me start it like normal.

Thank you for the advice, but honestly I have repaired both pullstarts twice, they are done and I am done with the pull start for now at least. Maybe once I break it in I will go back, but that all depends on how the rotostart works out I guess.

You have one hell of a maxx there. Really good job on your beefing it up. The only thing i can say is to probably upgrade your chassis. The alum bulks on the chassis will bend or break the tabs of. happened to me twice. but other then that it's really nice. Plan on doing the same on my Aftershock.

Back