HYPER ST PRO New Kit...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonOne

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, I got the new Hyper Pro kit today and man does it look great. This is my first kit build so I am really looking forward to it.

I got the kit from Nitrohouse and of course the servos and all the stuff he could provide from Fast Eddy. I tapped CarolinasRC for the engine and plugs and Amainhobbies for oils and lubes.

I snapped few pics of the box and the opening up process (I know, silly thing to do) ...but I was that excited. Anyway I will post up some build pics as I get going. Tonight will be diffs and perhaps masking the body for paint.

Front of the box
front.jpg

Back of box
backofbox.jpg

How it came
asitcame.jpg

Unpacked ready to tear into..;)

allbox.jpg

Later,
Talon

Last edited:
Very nice Talon! It looks like it'll be a really good little truggy for ya. Which motor did you end up going with?

I chose the Jammin .28 Turbo Truggy engine JPX?? The new one any way.

Anyway, it was in my price range after getting the kit...;)..and the kit comes with a tuned pipe made for it...I also have a JP-2 I will try in there.

Just finished reading the destructions thru once....sort of... and I am jumping in..wish me luck....

Talon

Sweet!

Have fun with the build and be sure to post up plenty of pics.

be careful not to stripp any threads especialy plastic and alluminum, i had that happen on my first build. also use some blue lock tight or mix some blue and red for a stronger bind. just dont rush it. and good luck on your first build.

I chose the Jammin .28 Turbo Truggy engine JPX?? The new one any way.

Anyway, it was in my price range after getting the kit...;)..and the kit comes with a tuned pipe made for it...I also have a JP-2 I will try in there.

Just finished reading the destructions thru once....sort of... and I am jumping in..wish me luck....

Talon
wow your nuts going with the 528 jammin,I run the jpx 21 in my mbx5t and it is just insane and gets good fuel run times,I bet the 528 will have to much power and you will not be able to get it to the ground let us know how it works out......:LoL:

be careful not to stripp any threads especialy plastic and alluminum, i had that happen on my first build. also use some blue lock tight or mix some blue and red for a stronger bind. just dont rush it. and good luck on your first build.

Thanks ...good advise....I have tendency to rush stuff.....at least that is what my wife says..;)

:LoL:

wow your nuts going with the 528 jammin,I run the jpx 21 in my mbx5t and it is just insane and gets good fuel run times,I bet the 528 will have to much power and you will not be able to get it to the ground let us know how it works out......:LoL:

My motto is go big ....or go home.....so we will see if I can handle the power.:surrender

Thanks for stopping by JetMan.....I know its not a Mugen...but this one should work goood for me.

Anyway, I got my delivery for this project from Fast Eddy. Those of you that have not had the pleasure of ordering from him, need to do so soon. Eddy is the master of fast shipping and great value for the dollar. He recently has been sudying customer service at the local banks....I think....because in this order I giot a special treat.:LoL:

Oh you can see my diffs last night that is as far as I got ....and I can see, they leak so I have to redo them tonight.

I will get some milk and munch on the snack from Eddy while I do it...:spit:

dnd.jpg

More to follow as I get this build going.

More Progress

Ok here is a look at todays work product.

center.jpg

reartower.jpg

fronttower.jpg

Comments and questions welcome. I am very impressed with this kit....all of the hardened bits seem to be there. We will see....engine comes Wednesday so I have some time to get the rest together.

Later,

Talon

Last edited:
looks real nice! good pick-up dude!!

Thick shock oils. What's your starting point going to be? 50 was the heaviest I ran in my Jammin and that was on a pretty smooth track. Rougher you'll want lighter.

Thick shock oils. What's your starting point going to be? 50 was the heaviest I ran in my Jammin and that was on a pretty smooth track. Rougher you'll want lighter.

I have the whole other bag of Losi oils....I went with 50 to start actually and I have the whole range to play with. I could have most likely done with out the the higher weights....but you have to see me shop.....if one set is good ....the whole thing HAS TO BE better...;)

Thanks though...it will be trial and error as it is my first build....in fact
I am pissed the thing just now as I can't get the throttle linkage the way I want it....

So I am taking a beer break.:LoL:

Ok, here are some fresh pictures.....its just about together...now for adjustments and testing of the radio gear and servos......then on to break in.

The engine arrived today so I was able to push thru. Here are the pics.

Oh yea and for those of you that hunt, I threw in the pics of a buck in my front yard Sunday AM. He had a harem, which is unusual for this time of year......they boys tend to run together in packs making it easier for the bow hunters.....anyway enjoy!!

deer.jpg

deer2.jpg

chassisoutside.jpg

onbarrel.jpg

b4engine.jpg

bodyside.jpg

dbodyfront.jpg

bodynose.jpg

overtop.jpg

engine.jpg

top.jpg

done.jpg

Ok Thats it FOR NOW.

TalonOne

Last edited:
You have some front yard there.... I think my bow & I need to come visit...:)

I know the towers and the diff cases are joined but is the tower plated with alloy? Or is just the lighting?

Very nice pics!!!

You have some front yard there.... I think my bow & I need to come visit...:)

You are welcome anytime...we have five acres up here...the deer, bear, cougar, turkey, and quail are abundant. My buddies that bow hunt take a few each year...

I know the towers and the diff cases are joined but is the tower plated with alloy? Or is just the lighting?

Very nice pics!!!

If you mean in the front that is separate piece of polished aluminum....this kit is really durable as near as I can tell....of course I have yet to DRIVE IT!!

later
Talon

Great Pics of the Deer and AWSOME pics of the Hyper....Looks great!!!! Best of luck with it and may it always run fast and true.... :)

Hawk

I'm coming with IB! You don't mind a trad bow hunter do ya?

Come on over...stay as long as you like. I hear you are eyeing the west coast anyway.

It is a privledge to have them so close....I am not sure I could shoot one...but the bow hunters I know all come up and everyonce in awhile they down one.....although they have hit several that ran off this year so far.

I will eventually build a track on the property, so we could bash all night, and you guys could hunt in the am.....I will buy the keg..;)

Back