Traxxas XO-1 release 11:30:11

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what I HOPE it is, is a 1/8th scale nitro buggy/truggy with a new big block motor that traxxas designed themselves...

What I think it will be is another stupid truck based off the mini revo platform. Maybe some new wheels, a different body and BAM a new truck to be released.

That's how Traxxas rolls. I don't think they've actually released a "new" R/C since 2004 have they? When the Revo was first released?

That's how Traxxas rolls. I don't think they've actually released a "new" R/C since 2004 have they? When the Revo was first released?

Well if you consider the slash 4x4 "new" then thats the last new truck. But other than that, I'm pretty sure the revo platform was the last new one.

I would consider the Slash 4x4 their last new RC. Chassis was all new.

I think this one will be something along the lines of the Axial EXO based on the Slash 4x4 chassis.

over on Rc tech it talk to be a 1/5 scale and cost 1000 so well see

I don't see them getting back into the 5th scale market.

IF they were to come out with one, they would be best served to come out with a 5th scale 4x4 monster truck.

Last edited:
I am going with another canned ham, cookie cutter something re-badged to look pretty "just in time for Christmas" We will see but I'm not real excited.

I am going with another canned ham, cookie cutter something re-badged to look pretty "just in time for Christmas" We will see but I'm not real excited.

Word. It would be nice to see them do something for the oval racers since they've plastered their logo across the Nascar circuit, but we know they are not about on track performance.

If they infact try to get into the actual crawler market, I would assume it would be a fail again. If not, then it would be a very replicated rig off of whats available now.

I'm with most of you, gonna prolly be a 2 or 4wd dune buggy looking thing.

Wast there any hints at the rc expo this year?

Yeah Lessen a Nascar inspired on road would be pretty cool actually. Hey i cold just slap a new body and tires on my 4x4 slash and I would have.....wait ... Now " I" am thinking like Traxxas

Yeah Lessen a Nascar inspired on road would be pretty cool actually. Hey i cold just slap a new body and tires on my 4x4 slash and I would have.....wait ... Now " I" am thinking like Traxxas

I've always wished somebody would come out with a "stock car" inspired on-road. I'm actually surprised nobody has seeing as how popular the "scale" off road trucks are.. with there plastic roll cages and driver figures and all. Something with independent front suspension in the front and trailing arm suspension in the back and drivetrain layout just like a stock car. I would swoop that up and make a new class at the local track in a heartbeat (Oh yeah, the MERV diff is small enough to make that happen for 1:10 onroad, that's a hint Traxxas...)

I sort of think they are overdue to release an engine that out performs the 3.3. Since most of their latest stuff has focused on electric I would guess at least a nitro model. Maybe a Nitro Summit? That would be interesting..

I can see traxxas going two ways with this. One way would to offer a 4x4 nitro stampede and that would fit the bill as traxxas redoing something and calling it new. Another option would be to jump in the large scale world and offer a 5th scale short course truck. They now have two major competitors with large scale rigs and it would be a great opportunity to throw their hat into the market so to speak to gain market share. They already have pep boys as a dealer for rc so the 5th scale would help pep boys sell this item or their lubricants they offer. In fact sears online does sell bajas last I checked.

I'm sure it will be cool, with a mysterious X as a teaser, but will most likely use a whole bunch of existing parts and pieces from other vehicles. That's what traxxas does, they market cheaply to the average dumb kid who won't know the difference. It's also just in time for christmas, so yeah, I'm betting it's nothing extraordinary or pricey. I would like a bb powered 1/8 scale truck but it's doubtful.

Back