HYPER ST PRO New Kit...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good Talon i definately want to pick one of those up and try it...Nice rack.. were you at ?

looks good Talon i definately want to pick one of those up and try it...Nice rack.. were you at ?

I am in Oregon....Eagle point.....southern half.....40 miles north of the Cali border........Gods Country....;)

Thanks for stopping in...

hey talon, buying my hyper st pro too ^^ my first build as well.
How do your rear and front gear boxes feel when you turn them? Because mine feel like they are grinding, and lock up constanly.
Does anyone else know what could be wrong Oo And possibly some help? I've checked my diffs, and they are fine, all teeth are set properly.

Some (or most) difs take a little time to run-in. My Mugen difs felt a little ratchety when new, but after about 4 or 5 tanks on the track they are smooth as butter. Locking up though doesn't sound right, that's neither side will turn by hand or is this while driving? Welcome BTW.

Jet is right it just takes time. Mine have not been run in yet....hoping to start break in procedures today. But when I spin them they are a bit noisy....the lockup is not good and mine did that during assembly as I was mounting them......I them did some adjustments to spacing and alignment and they settled in nicely ....still a bit rough but they turn completely.....so I am figuring they will run in over time.

Welcome to the Forum.....lots of good info here and great folks.

VERY nice. The second chassis pic looks amazing. Black and aluminum. I can't see anything on it that I don't like.
Don't scare the deer away with it.

VERY nice. The second chassis pic looks amazing. Black and aluminum. I can't see anything on it that I don't like.
Don't scare the deer away with it.

The deer are funny.....at first they ran off but now they seem to know I wont be at it long.... so they stay off the roads ...but hang out until I either break something or run out of gas. then they are back to eating from the flower beds and such.

so whats the word? did u get any fuel thru her? hows she feel?

Still trying to get it broken in

so whats the word? did u get any fuel thru her? hows she feel?

I am glad you asked...this weekend I was able to attempt to get the breakin going.

I had sporadic luck getting it to start and when it did it would only run for a few minutes. This is the tightest engine I have ever see.....I had to use needle nose to push the piston via the flywheel thru top dead center between bumps on the starter so it would turn over. I had to use a hair dryer to get it to turn over at all.

I have ordered a new starter box as I am using one designed for the mugen and I got it used so it is not the best fit.

When it ran however it felt great....we will see after I get the break in done. But I get the sense this is going to be a screamer.

I did find an air leak this afternoon that most likely causing the engine to load up and die.....so am now tearing the thing apart to seal the engine good.

Stay tuned,.

Here are a couple of shots of the finished product.

top.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

Talon,

that ride is looking SWEET!! congrats on the purchase.
on a side note, do you know if the RTR and Pro model are interchangeable? i'm thinking of getting the RTR and just upgrading the chassis and braces. what do you think? is it worth going down that road or should i just suck it up and get the Pro?

Talon,

that ride is looking SWEET!! congrats on the purchase.
on a side note, do you know if the RTR and Pro model are interchangeable? i'm thinking of getting the RTR and just upgrading the chassis and braces. what do you think? is it worth going down that road or should i just suck it up and get the Pro?

Suck it up and get the pro kit.......you will spend an equal amount of money (or more) getting all of the pro bits.....besides this is a great pro kit to build (he says as this is only his first one..;)

I like being able to choose the diif oils up front and pick the engine.

Although on a side note th Jammin .28 I got for this sucked.....it leaked and no matter what I did to seal it it leaked air and would not turn over .

I went to the LHS today to see about some other parts and they had three used CRTs sitting there and when I mentioned the engine issues....those CRTS were in the shop for the same issues......and one had a replacement sent out by Jammin that still leaked....anyway I think at least here on the west coast we got a bad batch......so I am looking into getting it replaced or a refund.

I picked up a Sure Fire .32....I know way too much power...but it was cheap and available and do do some bashing here at the ranch, so I will use it for that.

I see an RB concepts 928 in my future however as I love the RB engines and for racing I will need .28 or smaller. I also have an OS RG .21 inbound to test. So it is all coming together.

Get the pro kit.....don't fool around with th RTR you will be money ahead in the end and YOU built it!!!!!

TalonOne OUT

Ok I started break in today with the Sure Fire .32. What a pleasant change from the Jammin experience over the weekend,. To their credit they responded right away and they are willing to repair or replace the engine....of course I have to box it up and get it to them but I should get a new engine back.

Now on to todays activities I played hookie from work today to break this best in. It came with a roto start and a pull start ....I chose the roto start for now while I wait for my new bump box to come.

It started on the first turn over after prime. I chose to follow their breaking procedure and after three tanks it is waking up.....this is a beast I can tell already. I slapped a JP-2 on there so it should really get perky in a few more tanks. The racers
edge engines are nice ...Axial components I believe......factory settings are always flush so it makes tuning or going back to home after you screw it up easy.

Here are some pics with the new mill mounted.

Off to burn a few more tanks before I HAVE to actually go meet a client..;(

engine.jpg

over.jpg

porch.jpg

naked.jpg

Last edited:
Wow you cleaned it up real nice.! Glad you are having fun!!

Off to the track today as the initial break in went well yesterday. I will try to get some action shots as my 16 year old is going with me to play.

Talon

are you running any axle extenders? i hear that most people are running the ofna 10mm ones.

No, I tried the pro line 23 mm hexes which have an extender on them....I did not like the feel....kind of like driving a kite close to the ground....it got out of shape real easy.......so I went back to the stock set up and it drove much better.

I will stick with this set up until I learn to drive...;)

Sorry revive this old thread. I just bought the ST Pro Kit and really excited. What servos are you running?

Nice build :)

Thanks for stopping by.

I picked up some HiTec MG servos for this one.

The 5645 for steering and the 5625 for Throttle /Brake

I could use more torque on the steering and plan to upgrade to a 300 oz soon....perhaps after christmas.

Post up your build here if you like....or start a new thread...in any event post em up ;)

Back