XTM Failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put an XTM failsafe in my Maxx at the end of last season. And I have to admit that it's been a pain in the butt since I did. For some reason, the failsafe keeps kicking in. Even after I charge the Tx and Rx packs. It doesn't happen all the time. It's intermittent which is really bugging me. And my servos twitch. My gut tells me to start the long process of finding a glitch but I was wondering if anyone else has had any trouble with this one..

I have not seen an XTM failsafe work correctly. I returned mine in exchange for some paint. I then bought a Dynamite and that works well. the Venom is really nice and the new OFNA one looks really good also. Id hate to tell you to go get a different failsafe and find that the failsafe is not the problem, but I would anyway in anticipation that the XTM failsafe may ..... fail. :)

What kind of packs are you running? Not regular AA's right? If so, get a rechargeable 6v pack. Anything less can and will cause this type of behavior with almost any failsafe.

I have also had bad luck with XTM's failsafes. I have gone through 2 and my 3rd is in pieces to see how to make one (that one didnt work either and exhibited the same problems you are having). Venom makes a less expensive version of the Futaba failsafe and so does MPI. Well worth it in my opinion. This is all I run now and have NO problems at all.

I'm running a 5-cell 600 mAh NiCd pack right now. And this thing is kicking in with 5.2 v still in the pack!

How about links to all these?