Sold / Found WTB a 4ch stick radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Please Delete

Please delete, I found what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I have a good Airtronics VG 600 6 channel FM that I don't use.

Still looking.

I might also be interested in a 3ch receiver that will work with a Traxxas radio....27mhz, no crystal required.

I'm copying the PM here so others can also use the information:
SMaxxin said:
I figured an old pilot like yourself would be the person to ask. If I do buy a radio that is for flying can I use surface crystals in it? Also is there a mod to make the sticks self center?

Thank,
Peter

No, you can't convert air to ground frequency. You MUST have a ground frequency radio. That's FCC regulations. You'll probably have a tough time finding a used one, but if you do a search you'll find several, and they're not that expensive.
As far as self centering, the right stick will center from either throw, but the left stick will only center from left/right (rudder) and not throttle, since it's for an airplane.
I would assume a ground frequency would also center the throttle.
Yes, there's a mod to set auto centering on or off, but again, you can't use an air frequency radio.

You might also look for boat radios. Ground frequency and 4 to 6 channel.

Last edited:
smaxxin i got a dx6 ill let go i really want a dx3r so pm me

I'm copying the PM here so others can also use the information:

No, you can't convert air to ground frequency. You MUST have a ground frequency radio. That's FCC regulations. You'll probably have a tough time finding a used one, but if you do a search you'll find several, and they're not that expensive.
As far as self centering, the right stick will center from either throw, but the left stick will only center from left/right (rudder) and not throttle, since it's for an airplane.
I would assume a ground frequency would also center the throttle.
Yes, there's a mod to set auto centering on or off, but again, you can't use an air frequency radio.

You might also look for boat radios. Ground frequency and 4 to 6 channel.

Thanks for the info Rolex! It's funny how people that fly always stress the YOU CAN'T USE AIR FREQUENCY ON A GROUND RC.

smaxxin i got a dx6 ill let go i really want a dx3r so pm me

Thats well over what I want to spend, really want a very basic set up for cheap.

no problem man just throwing it out there

It's funny how people that fly always stress the YOU CAN'T USE AIR FREQUENCY ON A GROUND RC.

Cross frequency on ground units and you might get away with little or no damage.
Cross frequency on air and there's no such thing as slight or no damage, not to mention that people have been killed by airplanes that lost their control due to frequency interference. Knock out someone's thousand dollar heli, and you'll buy it and have to answer to the FCC.
Air frequencies are critical and have been monitored for years.

Cross frequency on ground units and you might get away with little or no damage.
Cross frequency on air and there's no such thing as slight or no damage, not to mention that people have been killed by airplanes that lost their control due to frequency interference. Knock out someone's thousand dollar heli, and you'll buy it and have to answer to the FCC.
Air frequencies are critical and have been monitored for years.

I wasn't arguing, just an observation....But what would happen if I knocked out someones thousand dollar heli while trying to fly my two hundred dollar heli? How would I know that someone else is flying or attempting to fly within the range of my radio? This is not an attempt to argue but a serious question. Every now and then I give helis a try and have killed two so far and thinking about killing another LOL.

Pete, I have EXACTLY what you're looking for. I bought it for a crawler and didn't know squat about stick radios, turns out it wont operate the toaster in my crawler like I was hoping it would. Well it will, but everytime I try to make toast, the pasta maker pukes out cheese.

Anyway, I have just the radio you need at a price that is way better than fair. Just shoot me a PM. It looks to be a pretty nice radio, I think I just got a REALLY good deal on it from someone who needed to sell a lot of stuff in a short period of time.

Here's the model, dont know much else about it but it has a digital display.

Futaba T4EXA transmitter with Futaba R168DF dual conversion 8 channel receiver.

We all thought Rolex was a pansie and that's why he doesn't drive his Savage, but it turns out he got beat up 30 years ago for crashing a guys $5000 plane while playing with his Tyco, and has been scared ever since.

LMAO, Charlie. Luckily my Tyco AND my Radio Shack cars are fine. :D

Any one who flies should be registered with the AMA and a local club. There are frequency boards and pins that go on your radio when you fly. If two people have the same frequency, one will have to wait till the pin is available. Sanctioned club fields are always in a location where there won't be any outside or local interference, just to keep the planes and fliers safe.

What does the American Meatloaf Association have to do with flying, besides the fact that a bad batch will have your frequency open to others because you'll be in the outhouse of the local flying field (or the nearest tree, depending on the quality of the field)?

It's Meat BALL, not Meat loaf. In New York and Cali, it's Matzo Ball.

We have a genuine plastic outhouse, maintained by Safety Kleen. We're classy.

Any one who flies should be registered with the AMA and a local club. There are frequency boards and pins that go on your radio when you fly. If two people have the same frequency, one will have to wait till the pin is available. Sanctioned club fields are always in a location where there won't be any outside or local interference, just to keep the planes and fliers safe.

AMA? local club? What the heck are those things? Honestly I could probably used every available channel known to man air/ground and never bother anyone.

Thats because you live in a swamp, and Swamp Thang doesn't use a frequency. Even he's on spead spectrum technology.

I agree. :hehe: There are no frequency restrictions in swampland, other than passing airboats using modified CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.