wow free stuff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had a very good experience on that big auction site that so many of us use (didn't wanna advertise for that big ole site), and I thought you guys might be able to benefit from me sharing the knowledge. I bought a new 3.3 tranny that was pulled out of a retail truck NIB. I got the tranny in the mail after quick shipping and I noticed the box was kinda big for a tranny. So after I looked the tranny over good and everything, I decided to see if there was any decals or anything in the box. Well sure enough, the seller had included several free items in the box. They were in a bag with his name and a "thank you from buying from us, here's some free items" sticker. The seller had sent a free air intake, a new set of 3.3 chassis braces, about 4 new air filters, some air filter oil, and something else but I'm at work and I can't remember what it is. I know I spent a good amount on the tranny, and those filters and stuff aren't very expensive, but I got an amazing deal on the tranny and he was still considerate enough to throw in that other stuff. I think that big auction site (didn't wanna advertise for any big sites) could use a lot more sellers like this, and maybe you guys can get some good free stuff that you need. The seller's name was Shum4, and he doesn't have anything else listed so I hope he's not going out of business. Hope this is useful for some of you!

Last edited:
There a lot of great deals to be had on eBay and a lot great sellers.

It is unfortunate that eBay is punishing sellers as of late. They will come to there senses once their bottom line starts to feel the sting. Wall Street did not approve of their new pricing structure and their stock price has taken a good smack in the mouth since the announcement.

I have gotten many great deals from evilbay, from many great sellers, but I have a strong feeling once the new policies go in to effect the really good deals will be few and far between.

Wow, what a nice seller. What's his name? Haha I want free stuff :D.

Wow, what a nice seller. What's his name? Haha I want free stuff :D.

His name is Shum4. That's why I posted the thread in case he lists some stuff you guys need. I buy stuff all the time that i run across on good deals, because if I wait till I really need it, it's always real expensive. But I don't always run across a seller with service like that. My best deal so far is that I bought a set of GM factory wheels with a nice set of tires for 5 bucks and picked em up about an hour from my house. A full set of wheels and tires and a spare for $5, thats gotta be a record or something for cheapskate deals

My best deal so far is that I bought a set of GM factory wheels with a nice set of tires for 5 bucks and picked em up about an hour from my house. A full set of wheels and tires and a spare for $5, thats gotta be a record or something for cheapskate deals

1:1 tires or RC tires? If 1:1 that's an AMAZING deal. I know 1:1 tires can cost upwards of a thousand for a full set...

1:1 tires or RC tires? If 1:1 that's an AMAZING deal. I know 1:1 tires can cost upwards of a thousand for a full set...

These were 1:1 tires. They were 16 inch factory wheels, they weren't 28 inch blingin dubs or anything, but they had nice dunlop performance tires with about 80 percent tread, no dry rot or anything. I would have gotten a good deal at 200 bucks. New those tires are probly around 700 and stock wheels new are rediculous, its usually cheaper to go with big aftermarkets than to buy nice stock wheels.

Is it true that if you buy RC stuff off ebay the the manufactures warrenty does not apply? I have heard that and been relunctant at buying a rig on ebay. Parts are one thing but buying something like a baja 5b from ebay just scares the jeebers out of me.

Well everything that I buy, I look for and find reputable dealers. But there are liscensed dealers for almost every major brand on ebay, but a lot of time you can find online retailers that have stuff on sale to match ebay prices. I say I wouldn't buy a baja 5b on ebay, but if I run across run for 300 brand new from a reputable dealer, I sure don't think I'd pass it up. It's just like anything else, you gotta research the market and be very careful. When you see someone that has 100 percent positive feedback and has sold 8000 RC's, it's easier to buy something than with someone that just started selling last week. I got my T-Maxx on ebay brand new for about 150 less than retail sites, and 200 less than the LHS.

Back