Winter rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassboy3

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So i am looking at trying to find something that I can use either indoors or out on the snow come winter time. Right now I have a traxxas stampede nitro that I can alter but I'd rather not have to. I know I'd need to waterproof the electronics and such if I did. Price isn't too huge of an issue cheaper would be nice but there is a lot of snow often here, so an expensive rc wouldn't be a horrible idea as ill have some time to save Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My MERV is waterproof, or so the box would have you believe, I have my doubts.

I let you know when my 1/10 e-revo shows up if it say waterproof also. Both are brushless.

The 1/10 Erevo is NOT waterproof

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

My 2wd Stampede is waterproof and I used it out in the snow all the time in winter. Never had an issue with getting water and snow in the truck. I just dried it off really well when back inside. You can pick one up for fairly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A 4x4 Stampede would be nice winter rig.

The 1/10 Erevo is NOT waterproof

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

BRUSHED is WP, BRUSHLESS is not.

5603_5605_erevo_water_01.jpg

^^ I'm too afraid to do that with the MERV thanks for the great pics!^^
Never wet sounds interesting, so does corrosion x, please explain?

I think I might try the corrosion x, never wet seems like ill need a spray gun and compressor.

Theres tons of videos on corrosionX on youtube... neverwet is a new product, and I haven't seen any vids or proof from an independent source that it works well. If I remember correctly, Greywolf74 did a youtube video on CorrosionX where he turns on the esc while its submerged in water, and it still works.

Hpi savage xs is a cool winter rig. Different tires than stock is a must though.

Ok. That's an awesome picture Schrodemode! It might be with waterproofing my stampede. Is there one waterproofing that is best, I don't have any big fancy equipment. Maybe is there some type of ready-to-use/apply waterproofing i can buy? I saw a few different types earlier on but not sure what is best.

Thank you everyone for you insights. This will give me a few things to look at or do

Ok. That's an awesome picture Schrodemode! It might be with waterproofing my stampede. Is there one waterproofing that is best, I don't have any big fancy equipment. Maybe is there some type of ready-to-use/apply waterproofing i can buy? I saw a few different types earlier on but not sure what is best.

Thank you everyone for you insights. This will give me a few things to look at or do

That's from Traxxas' website. I would just get one of the Traxxas rigs that are already waterproof. Once you start running in water/snow you really need to be on top of your maintenance though. Dry it off after and make sure you're keeping everything lubricated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's from Traxxas' website. I would just get one of the Traxxas rigs that are already waterproof. Once you start running in water/snow you really need to be on top of your maintenance though. Dry it off after and make sure you're keeping everything lubricated.

ok That's probably a good idea to just get one that is already set up and ready to go until i get better and understand more i just didn't think that they made anything water proof/resistant except for boats. Is there a specific rigs, nitro, electric? i looked on their site an I'm not really seeing anything with waterproof electrics.

ok That's probably a good idea to just get one that is already set up and ready to go until i get better and understand more i just didn't think that they made anything water proof/resistant except for boats. Is there a specific rigs, nitro, electric? i looked on their site an I'm not really seeing anything with waterproof electrics.

All of their electric rigs, other than the Mamba powered ones, should be water resistant.

Newer erevo and other New castle creations trucks arue supposed to be water proof now.

^^do they have a different part number, or some way to tell which it which, cause in Canada a rig can sit on a store shelf for a long time.

Castle esc's have always been water resistant but they never advertised it because even 'water proof" electronics have problems sometimes and they didn't want to get a bad wrap on warranty issues.

Back