Windows 8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneatvs

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
anyone else having the same problem with windows 8 staying online?

It keeps losing connection, I can have my old laptop with windows 7 running next to it and have no problems at all, new laptop windows 8 loses internet
connection

How are you connecting? I'm going to guess via WiFi, and if so, have you checked the power settings on the wireless card to ensure it isn't set to power down after a set period of time?

Via WiFi...haven't check the settings i ca fire it up a within a minute it loses its connection and then after a little bit it run ad thn does the same thing...will check some stuff when i get home tonight

Stepping up to W-8 from Win 7 seems just as meaningless as going from XP to Vista.
As soon as they work out a stable system they sell you their new problems.
I'll stay with 7 till it's obsolete. I'm tired of paying MS and wasting time with a thousand repair patches only to start all over.

I think it has something to do with the power settings, I had it plugged in and no problems, pulled the cord out and a few minutes later did the same crap.

How do I change this setting, I'm still learning windows 8

To fix it, wipe the hard drive and install Windows 7 or Linux...

I tried a Beta of Windows 8 and after 2-days of cursing and hair pulling, I wiped the drive and installed Win 7 again.

Is your windows on a laptop or pc? if on a laptop is it plugged into the wall or unplugged?

For me it only happens while unplugged from the wall

Stepping up to W-8 from Win 7 seems just as meaningless as going from XP to Vista.
As soon as they work out a stable system they sell you their new problems.
I'll stay with 7 till it's obsolete. I'm tired of paying MS and wasting time with a thousand repair patches only to start all over.

Haha, now I don't have to reply, because this says it all. :D

The disconnects could also be a driver problem. It took a while to get stable drivers for everything in Vista/Win 7.

I went to advance power settings and changed the settings to performance and it seems to be working fine now

Back