Will this body fit the Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at this body last weekend and I think it will fit. It looks like it will ride higher than the truck bodies but should cover everything. I am in the process of fitting the 05 Mustang body on the Savage. The Mustang body is only a 190mm and I think I have it figured out. With a little more time than cutting a "Savage" body, your brother-n-law should be able to fit the Camaro.

-- Brian

i fit a low profile lamborghini body on my savage, that should be no problem

I am looking to get a dodge charger body one of these days but this one just topped that idea.

I found a 67 Camaro body made by Bolink.

http://www.happyhobby.com/hobb_html/bolink.htm

Heres a 68 if anyones interested

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/bol_bodo.htm

Are Bolink bodies good? I know they have been around for decades and I always see their bodies on clearance but never experienced using one of them. For some reason in the second link their bodies don't seem as detailed as other manufacturers bodies. Or is it just the way they are painted?

The general consensus is that with enough creative cutting you can make almost any body fit any chassis. So I'd say buy it and then just wing it. I fit a 200mm HPI Beetle Cup Racer onto my T-Maxx so the Camaro could probably fit.

Oh, and Jon, how bad do you want a Charger? I just picked up a new HPI '69 Charger Maxx/Savage body that is going to receive the "General Lee" treatment soon. I was going to put it on Ebay, but if you are up for it and we can work a deal, I'll tag it with your name....

no this is too small you need to have a t-maxx shell or a savage the right body will say this

Savage Monster, you are right, but what I think they are talking about is modding it to fit. By drilling new holes and cutting a bigger engine head hole I fit a HPI Saleen S7R body on a savage.

Got any pics of that Saleen? I'd love to see what it looks like on a Savage.