why does crazy things always happen to me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm driving the slash yesterday and pull a wicked traction roll triple with a half gainer. Land on the wheels and keep going.

Except it is making a horrible noise and lurching now.

I limp back to the garage and after a little investigation figure out that it is the spur/pinion that is having the problem.

I take the cover off and find this.

2011-10-25175432.jpg

at first i can't figure out where it came from, then i notice the spur/driveshaft is wobbling when i turn it.

Looks like i smashed the main bearing on the rear diff. That is one of the ball bearings wedged into the spur gear.:whhooo:

Your not alone, I did the exact same thing when I had my slash but mine wasn't the rear diff bearing it was the bearing on the spur shaft that had exploded.

maybe its the same one. i havent torn it apart yet.

Jesus is that spur imprints on the pinion?! Makes me nervous because I hit a pretty big double meant for a dirtbike and its making a simialr noise but a lesser scale, maybe its time to teardown and check her out...

had that happen to me once, but it was the front bearing of the motor for me, and my spur had about 8 balls in it

Back