Why Do People Do This?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Why do people insist on being know it alls, and automatically assuming that you have no clue what you're talking about?

I called the local bicycle shop just a bit ago, as apparently some of their suspension assembly lubes (I asked about two very specific assembly lubes) they use are a great substitute for AE green slime, which I'm out of. This guy must have explained no less than six times about how you have to be careful which lube you pick and whether you need fork oil, shock oil, or assembly lube, blah blah blah. Even though I stated it wasn't for bicycle use, that I used to work in a bike shop and understood how forks and shocks work, etc (after his first long winded explanation). I mean I understand stating all of that once, just to convey the urgency of taking care of your expensive equipment. But over and over? How hard is it to just give me a simple answer, and take my money? In a nutshell, this is why a lot of businesses in this area go under IMO.

I finally just tokd the guy thanks, but I'd order it online, as I was on my lunch break and obviously wasn't explaining it to him in a clearly or effectively.

So you and him had a long conversation about lube? :D

Conversation about lube over lunch? TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before crawlers and scalers were popular I fabbed up several crawlers with prats from several different types of rc's and every time I called about a parts I got the same BS...which rc is it for? When I told them I was fabricating and rc and want a particular part number they acting like I had no clue. When I was in the shop and asked if I could look at a particular part they wanted to know which rc I was buying it for...same bs. One day I walked in with a Clod based, traxxas, losi, hpi rc and told that f'er it was for this...he didn't know what to say!

How hard is it to just give me a simple answer, and take my money?

Yep If these experts would hand over the part and take the money life would be a lot simpler!

Last edited:
Back