who's hoarding up all the Ammo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Have you guys tried to buy any lately? Man it's unreal.
I've been trying to get some bulk .22 shells now for about a month. Finally got pissed off and ordered 5000 rds last week. But it's 5 to 7 weeks out.

I have managed to get .380, .38 and .357 shells (2 boxes of each). But that has been a bitch. Wouldn't have them if the 'Ol lady didn't work at Wallyworld. She checks for me every day.

I read this morning that most places are working around the clock making it. 1500 employees at one , 2500 at another one.
Everything is 4 to 6 weeks out. Even the reloading supplies.

I've got about 250 rds of .22 shells. That will be about one day out by myself. Then it's gonna be sitting on the deck with the pellet pistol. It's still fun, but just not the same.

Last edited:
I wish I was.... I am in Japan so no ammo for me for a few years. I do have about 3K rounds in my safe back home at my dads though of various calibers. Sigh. Start reloading your own.

I wish I was.... I am in Japan so no ammo for me for a few years. I do have about 3K rounds in my safe back home at my dads though of various calibers. Sigh. Start reloading your own.

Man, I reload and finding bullets is a big ol' pain in the a$$!!! I am getting what I can where ever and when ever I can. Have you looked at GalleryofGuns.com lately? That is Davidson's online store (one large wholesale arms distributer) and they have zero stock. If it's popular they are sold out. SUCKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I reload and finding bullets is a big ol' pain in the a$$!!! I am getting what I can where ever and when ever I can. Have you looked at GalleryofGuns.com lately? That is Davidson's online store (one large wholesale arms distributer) and they have zero stock. If it's popular they are sold out. SUCKS!!!
Look at some of the others. I was on Georgia arms thinking about buying something. Next day it was out. Midwest doesn't have hardly anything.

I know. I am basically going to have to wait to get anything I really want. Good thing is I bought a Rock River Arms AR-15 in .223 and a STI 1911 this past fall BEFORE things got bad. I wanted to make sure the AR was in the safe in case they get banned. Again.

I MIGHT be able to scrounge up some .22 ammo. Last I checked my pal had about 3500 rounds--about 1500 more than he needs. I will ask if he wants to part with some!

I MIGHT be able to scrounge up some .22 ammo. Last I checked my pal had about 3500 rounds--about 1500 more than he needs. I will ask if he wants to part with some!
I'll have some in a few weeks. Thanks.
5000 rds sound kinda overkill, figure to shoot about 1/2 or 3/4 this year though.

Here is the link to to Midway. http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?tabid=3&categoryid=691&categorystring=653***
Look at it and see how much you guys can find in stock for the weapon you have.

My dad is a member of the CMP so he gets his stuff way less than commercial, but he says that the surplus is starting to dry up so he buys whenever he has the chance. He's probably got enough 30'06 to last years, and that's with 3 Garands and several Enfields.

I'll have some in a few weeks. Thanks.
5000 rds sound kinda overkill, figure to shoot about 1/2 or 3/4 this year though.

Here is the link to to Midway. http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?tabid=3&categoryid=691&categorystring=653***
Look at it and see how much you guys can find in stock for the weapon you have.

I shop MidwayUSA a lot!. I currently have Ranier bullets on backorder for 9MM, .40 Cal, and .45 ACP.

One 40" safe and a lot of ammo boxes!

100_0979.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see you, Digger. You need the ammo to keep the dogs from getting bored, or are you running low on dinner? :D

its the end of the world as we have known it, stock up on munitions:)

I shop MidwayUSA a lot!. I currently have Ranier bullets on backorder for 9MM, .40 Cal, and .45 ACP.

One 40" safe and a lot of ammo boxes!

100_0979.jpg

That's nothing man, lol. Remind me to get a pic of my garage tomorrow lol.

We just got a uhaul full of .40. Were switching from .45 sigs, to .40 glocks, so lots and lots of ammo will be shot in the next few months. At least 600,000 +

I am sorry, but NO WAY I give up a Sig for a Glock. And yes, I DO have both! ;) So you are going from a Sig 220 to... Let me guess... A Glock 22???

I believe a 17...... maybe...... i havent seen em yet. Hopefully they will give us the option to buy our sigs.

Good to see you, Digger. You need the ammo to keep the dogs from getting bored, or are you running low on dinner? :D
Thanks Rolex. Hope you are doing well. See ya still pimping the Savage and working on another shelf queen.

Got something around my chickens. Lost 2 of my best the other night. Being tied up to those little tents, they are easy prey. :hehe:

Do a lot of plinking (sp?). Main reason I bought my .22s is because they are so cheap to shoot. Been wanting to do another 1022. Was all set to buy one the other day but they didn't have bulk shells. I'll still get another before long.

Alpinehyperlite, how about sending me a couple cases of .40 or .45. Don't have either, but if I have the ammo... J/K

I've always been a glock guy. I love the way the sig shoots, but it is not as reliable as the glock. Hopefully they will let us buy our sigs.

bnmfbjmdmdghm_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg
aergafdgadgrdg_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg
cvxgsn_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg

that chest and all the boxes on the shelf have ammo in them... lol

Yeah, ammo prices have JUMPED up in a big way too. So, not only can you not find ammo, it is expensive as hell when you do. I have been ordering from Cabela's before, but they have nothing in the way of ammo. I guess I will be saving what I have until more is available.

Back