Who plays bass?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My daughter wants an electric bass guitar for her birthday. She found a reasonably-priced Ibanez on line. I checked with some friends. I hear Ibanez is okay. It was suggested I look to a pawn shop for a good Fender Precision.

I've already grilled her about her seriousness for the request.

Any of you musicians have comments?

I don't play bass, but I do play guitar. I own a Charvel and an Ovation. But Ibanez and Fender are certainly quality instruments. Remember, you have to pay for quality. As long as she's serious, I think it's cool. I am always wary of that phenomenon in kids where they play it for about a month and then it ends up in the closet...

Yea candy man is right Ibanez is sort of the leaders in bass( i feel) If she ushally dont stick with stuff then you could get it from a pawn shop. But this is the place where i get all my stuff http://www.musiciansfriend.com/
I hope this helps

Rember you will need to buy a amp also. They cost a ton of money but if she isnt going to be in a band then you can get a little 10 watt pratice amp. now i got my amp used it is a fender frontman it was about 150 new i got it for 50$. so i guess if she plans on sticking with it get good stuff, if she isnt then get used.
Pm me if you have any questions

Last edited:
Oddly enough, she had a 25W Randall amp picked out from musiciansfriend. She found an Ibanez at zzounds.com.

I know she'd do better with a bass amp over a regular amp.

Since Seattle is a rock capital, I'm going out to a U-District pawn shop tomorrow morning.

Way off on a tangent... ever wonder what Ovation guitars and Sikorsky helicopters could possibly have in common?

http://www.vguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=104

I'm getting a guitar for christmas or my b-day. Ibanez is a good guitar company, my friends dad is a pro guitarist and he sticks to Ibanez and Fenders so I would take his advice. I say :thumbup:

OK she will need a bass amp because of the low sounds the bass puts out. I have heard of a Randall amp before it is good but i never have played on one. Also you will need a turner and other little stuff like that.

Back