Which Rustler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBS4EVER

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I recently sold my pro .15 nitro rustler and am looking for an electric one to mess with without the constant fiddling with tuning screws. I have looked on eBay and came across a vintage electric rustler with some upgrades. Is this a better deal than buying new for $230
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185912648571

New is best.I like the old body paint but thats it.

I could buy new, dye the parts black, and find a vintage body shell to have a 'vintage' rustler with the modern plastics and transmission.

id get a new one. the old ones are probobly more brittle.
Plastic tranny gears and bushings. About it. The old white plastic is the brittle stuff.

For 100 I would get it. This is 200..... the same or similar price to a new one. I would not even though it's clean.

That is the main concern. I would rather have the metal transmission as I don't want to be rebuilding the transmission every day. Is there any good place to find a nice vintage body shell for a rustler?

That is the main concern. I would rather have the metal transmission as I don't want to be rebuilding the transmission every day. Is there any good place to find a nice vintage body shell for a rustler?
Ebay but they go past $50 and some are damaged.

garage sales .estate sale. pawn shops.. go for a drive.

Back