which one is fastest?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Switch_639

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
the shumacher fusion 28?
the serpent 720?

Well it depends on what motor/engine you have in the car.

Switch ,if both cars are box stock condition in a long distance drag race the Fusion on a roadcourse the Serpent . Of course if you put a modified 18-21 size motor in the Serpent and some wider rear tires you will end up with a faster better handling car that should smoke a Fusion if you do the modifications right. I guess the question should be which one has the most speed potential huh?? That depends on how much desire and how deep your pockets are.

Last edited:
ok I dont know the serpents stock engine size, but say a stock serpent vs stock fusion 4.5cc? I just want a fast on road car, the fastest I can get... the fastest I have seen was the Impulse Serpent, but I heard its discontinued... so I am looking for the next best thing...

ok I dont know the serpents stock engine size, but say a stock serpent vs stock fusion 4.5cc? I just want a fast on road car, the fastest I can get... the fastest I have seen was the Impulse Serpent, but I heard its discontinued... so I am looking for the next best thing...
.....................The stock size motor for the 720 is a .12 you could possibly squeeze a .15 in there. To have the fastest onroad car you are going to have to fabricate it from a stock kit. I have 3 Fusions they are a fairly good car but to make it last you need to replace the stock ball bearing with boca bearings put ceramic balls in the ball diffs so they last longer between rebuilds. If you get the Fusion .28 those little skinny stock foam tires are going to need to be replaced with wider foam tires after break in because the .28 motor is going to over power them etc , etc . So I am guess what I amsaying is take your time and research the cars out there and be prepared to fabricate , fabricate to have the fastest. Switch go to this website it is dedicated to ultra fast cars a guy named Ziggy has a 1/10 scale V-1RRR that he modified with some special gearing and a .21 engine and he was clocked at 100mph. website http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php Now switch you could take that Serpent 720 and turn it into a landspeed machine by putting a big block in it .21 - .28

Last edited:
how fast does the stock engine of the 720 go?

Depending on how hot the motor is, in the 60's Switch I have just heard that things are looking kinda of tough for the Serpent company and they are relocating their parts manufactoring to the orient. It is rumored that Serpent parts maybe hard to come by in the future.

Last edited:
and if I can still find an Impulse Serpent around... how fast was that?

if you want speed, you want to stick with a .12 size motor, cars are lighter than monster trucks so they don't need the torque of a big block and benifit GREATLY from the 10000 rpms a .12 motor can turn over a big block, good .12 motors can make 2 hp or more which with the right gearing will get goin pretty fast at like half the weight(exageration but u get it) now as for the cars find out which handles best, not best top end, cuz i garente you'll be slapping mods into whatever you buy to go faster, and its no fun having a fast car if it can't be controled, trust me, my friend got a 4-tec3.3 and its the worst handling car i have ever driven, given it was stock and he doesn't know s about setting it up.

which chassis do you suggest for best handling and which is very light? (best possible that you think in all categories) and which .12 engine? you know I just want speed! want to beat my friend on drags and on tracks...

Ok Switch you say you just want to drag race your friends. If you are going to be running a scale 1/10 quarter mile = 132 feet you are not going to be able to go to your local hobby shop and just buy a car you are going to have to do some tinkering. If you get a Ofna CD-3 onroad car and put a modified .21 motor in it you should hit 75mph in 132 feet. Check out some of the threads posted on RC Universe by Brent Davis. Brent has made some really fast drag cars out of Nitro TC-3's 4-Techs and Ofna CD-3's. Look at his videos. You could go with a Fusion because the picco is really powerful get it modded and you might have something there but you need to update the diff bearings with ceramic ones, mod your tranny so it shifts later and get adapters for wider wheels.

do you perhaps know how fast the fusion will get to 75MPH? or how many feet...

With that big block .28 it should reach 70mph in a 132 feet or so. But beware nooooooooo body who is fast keeps their car stock they have either modified their motor or tranny or both so to be competitive you will need to modify.

Here is a picture of my nitrostein TC-3.
truckzilla010.jpg

sorry if I am being a nuisance... but I want to consider all my options... what do you think about the CT5? how fast does it get to 70?

When you have a car capable of reaching 70mph or faster when you have a wreck the damage is going to be extensive!! I would go with a car that I would not have problems getting replacment parts for. With the Ct5 that is its one short coming most hobbyshops don't carry parts for it. And you are not a nuisance . If you were to put a modified .21 in that CT5 I am sure it will haul -ss. Here is a link to a video of a Fusion .28 running

Last edited by a moderator: