Which Loc-tite?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svg4.6kr

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so I recently learned that my savage needs to get loc-tite put on all the bolts but what loc-tite should I use as I don't want the bolt heads to strip out when I go to remove bolts if I ever need to as I know I will have to.

Thanks guys :)

You don't want to use it on all the bolts.

Any metal-to-metal connection should use Loc-Tite. Blue is the best for the hobby. I prefer the blue stick #248. No mess and you can throw it in your pit box and not worry about a mess.

I prefer red on metal to metal spots on a basher personally, even red works loose with plenty of bashing. can't go wrong with either thought really, red might be too strong depending on the application and if your drivers suck then its a stripped head for sure.

Well my truck is totalled right now after an accident so I pretty much need to buy a new truck. So all bolts and even tools are getting replaced. Be on the look out for a build thread. And thanks for the info I have tons of blue and red already lying around the house as I am mechanic so it's one thing I keep on hand haha.

Blue is the preferred for these small bolts, but even the red can loosen with the help of a soldering iron.

definitely blue, altho i use red on anything that is not required to be removed for maintenance,

+1 on the blue Loctite. I do however use the red on the drive shafts. I had the front center CVD fling out of my MGT twice. Put some red Loctite on it its been there ever since with coming loose.

Ok, I like that idea of using red on items that don't need to be removed frequently. I can't wait to get a new back plate and engine mount. The guy before me stripped out 90% of the bolt holes so I'm just going to buy a new chassis and work my way around. Already decided I'm getting a novarossi engine, carbon fiber chassis, and then I will buy a sheet of carbon fiber and make as much other parts as I can with it.