where to begin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a few more pic.s of the rest of my rc family to the newly added crawler link on facebook.

this maybe a dumb ? but i don't know. can the dig be setup to work on the front and back on the losi 1/10 comp crawler with the futaba 3pm 2.4ghz ss 3channel controllerl..I got it working the rear but the dig will work both ways on the crawler..

It will only work if it has a 3 position 3rd channel. other wise you would just want to run it where you have 4WD or front only with the rear wheels locked. the only other way to make it work is to reverse the 3rd channel when you want rear burn, which I have seen a couple guys do at comps I have been at...

thanks abadk9420 i'll leave it alone then, alittle tweeking on the controller in outside we go. I've got to trim the body some and paint it but i can't wait hahaha..let the fun begin..

i seen some where on here is it best to regrease the axles before running it or run it for the break in then grease them..

Yeah that is the norm for LCC to grease the axles then run them on a drill for like 20 minutes in each direction, then re-grease the axles again and go crawling, not sure if that is still the case, but it was when they first came out, some were coming with very little or no grease on the worm gears and I believe the gears were cut wrong which is what was causing problems, also you will probably want to pick up some of the version 3 CVD axles for it....

I think the Hitec hs-225mg servo has burnt up already on the dig and it hasn't been use maybe 5 times setting it up. damn!!!! back to the hobby store today....

Yeah, I burned up one pretty fast on my losi too.

It didnt happen again but then I sold it. you might try making or buying a bracket for a full size servo and then use like a 645mg.

When setting up those little servos for a dig unit you want to start with as little throw as possible, then work your way out until it engages the the dig with no humming noise coming from it, other wise you will keep burning up the little servos...

thanks for the info, I got a new one n set it up tonight I think i'am good to go now,if the weather breaks tomorrow i'll take it on it's first crawl. What other upgrades do you all recommend and where to get them the hobby town here doesn't carry much for the losi comp.. and thanks again for all the help

I would recommend the version 3 CVD'd from Losi... The to earlier versions have a bad habbit of breaking...other then that it is mostly just set up, a lot of guys running the LCC are moving the shocks around for better stability, the New Crawler Guru should be able to give you a little more advice on this since he had one for a short time, LOL!!!!