where do (you) buy glow plugs???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big jilm

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wondering who has the best deal..?? Also looking for like a 3 or 5 pack..

I know it's all relative but whats the life of a glow plug?? Ballpark??
I'll be getting a few other items so who have you guys had good purchases with???

thanks guys.. I snagged some of ebay last night.. 3 for $16.00 shipping included...

thanks guys.. I snagged some of ebay last night.. 3 for $16.00 shipping included...

That sounds a little high for 3 plugs.. what brand do you use?

I suggest getting the O.S. #8 plug.. and you can get them anywhere usually.
I usually buy them either 3 or 6 at a time from Tower or Ultimate.

It's not the best deal, by I personally just get them at my LHS. I can probably get them on eBay cheaper, but usually I hate waiting, mainly because when I do buy glow plugs, it's because I'm out. :p

It's not the best deal, by I personally just get them at my LHS. I can probably get them on eBay cheaper, but usually I hate waiting, mainly because when I do buy glow plugs, it's because I'm out. :p

yeah, I ended up going to get some today also.. I fried the last on yesterday and couldn't wait.
Paid 6 buck a piece so ebay wasn't much cheaper...

yeah, I ended up going to get some today also.. I fried the last on yesterday and couldn't wait.
Paid 6 buck a piece so ebay wasn't much cheaper...

For two bucks, support the LHS!!

You should be getting them for less than 5 online.. on ebay.. less than $4 I would guess.
What brand/type do you use?

I've only had it 2 days.. I bought about 5 traxxas plugs so I will have some extra.Now that I have backups I might try a few different brands..

Yeah the OS ones work great in my revo

Relative question from a Revo newbie.

Are the O.S #8 plugs a suitable replacement plug over the traxxas originals for use in a TRX 2.5 engine ?? the one that is currently fitted is a "Long Reach" plug, i.e longer on the threads than an O.S #8 plug, hence my question.

i just picked up a 10 pack of the 3232x traxxas plugs for like $42 including shipping off ebay.

i usually just go down to my LHS and get them....10 for like $50 i think..thats canadian dollars....plus whenever i order them offline they always seem to end up with the filiment broken..

i usually just go down to my LHS and get them....10 for like $50 i think..thats canadian dollars....plus whenever i order them offline they always seem to end up with the filiment broken..

Thats what I was woried about but the closest hobbie store is 30 miles.. Guess I'll just stock up when I go to town from now on...

Back