wheel nuts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I dont know about you guys but whenever i have my storm out the wheel nuts seem to vibrate loose. Well if you are like me i have your solution. Drill a small hole in the end of the axel where you usally put your wheel nut on. Instead of a wheel nut use a heavy dutty doddy clip threw the small whole. I made and x with 2 and it works fine. Anyother solutions?

• Maybe the threads on your hubs or nuts are worn and new ones are required? Alloy fasteners wear out quicker than steel.
  • Squash the nut carefully in a vice or with some pliers
  • Thread lock (worked for me on 1/10 cars when the nyloc wore out)

this is gonna sound direct, but, you gotta crank those thing on tight. if you are not using a 17mm wrench, stop now and go get one. pliers, cresent, etc. will not get them tight enough.

wiita

I agree with Wiita, crank them on real tight. I have not had a problem with lose wheel nuts since really tightening them alot.

Mike

I use a dab of blue loctite on mine along with the proper wrench and have had no problems since.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I use a dab of blue loctite on mine along with the proper wrench and have had no problems since.

Couldn't have said it better myslef.

No matter the buggy I check a tighten as needed my wheel nuts every few times I refill the gas tank.

I have lost a rear wheel a time or two, so now I just check them a few times a day. Nothing like having to sit out because of a damn wheel nut. I keep a few spares around now.

I thought of using the clips as well to secure the nuts in place but different wheels are thicker/thinner than others and changing wheels wouldn't allow the hole you just drilled to line up. I do what Sky does, blue loctite and tighten them down. As good practice you should be checking those nuts as well as others throughout the day when running.

After losing t wheel nut I now just make sure they are tight beforehand, I mean really tight. I also keep a half a dozen spares in my parts bin too.

Thanx people i will have to try the lock tight

Back