What's everyone running?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well since Noop was having some serious complaints of no one posting in this section, I decided to make a post...lol

What kinda motor is everyone running in their electrics? Right now i'm rocking a Fantom p2k 27T. It's not as fast as my Team Orion 15T mod, but it's rebuildable unlike the 15T and is the right kind of motor for a n00b electric racer like myself.

I haven't raced with it yet, but I did run the car on the track and it was about right for me. Now I just need to find a good setup. The back end of the car likes to come out a lot.

I want to know too. I'm getting a car ready for the stock class. What motors are you guys running in the stock class?

--NooP

I was running a P2K 27T in my T3. It was an ok upgrade from stock, but I'd reccomend if you're upgrading do yourself a favor and don't be cheap. Get good equiptment that is best suited to what you're doing. If you can't afford what you want NOW, wait untill you can afford it instead of wasting your money on what you can get now and then having to spend all of the extra money later on on what you really wanted to begin with.

In my EP Hammer (boat) I'm running a Monster Maxx 19t motor. I don't run it very often, but I run it as often as I can for maybe 2-3 packs at at time, so I've got the timing cranked around to about 45 degrees to get way more rpm's than what I'm supposed to be getting out of the motor!

I'm kinda waiting to burn this one up so I can get the Monster Maxx Pro 17t motor to really put some more rpm's into it!

I'm currently running a Trinity Micro Monster. Oh wait, that's in my Mini-T. You're looking a bit bigger, aren't you? Sorry, that's the only electic I have....

d5 10x1
d69x1
p2k once
i like mod and I've got a kick ass setup for asphalt

I'm running a Putnam Propulsion Binary as stock in my XXXT.
I'm running a Reedy KR 8x1 as mod in my XXXT.
I'm running a Tower Hobbies Speed Stocker in my Stampede.
I'm running a Peak Performance Jaguar 19x2 in my B3 Dirt Oval Sprint car.
I'm running a stock motor in my mini-t (for the time being).

I also have a 2 MVP Plus, a GM3, a P2k2 Pro, and a Birdman P2k for stock motors.
I also have a Trinity Speed Gem Pro 9T, 15T, and a 17T.

For stock touring, I like the Trinity Monster pro.

haha, man, I haven't ran my electric in over a month...and haven't been to the track in like 2 months.

I'm a little turned off since my car was handling like poop the first time I tried to race it.

Orion Havok 17X2. Rebuildable, fixed timing, bearing supported modified. I'm running it in my TLT-1.

i usaully run a trinity 12 turn in my truck although i have a d5 10turn if I feel like raising hell. i also have a old,old speed gem 14 turn that has been through snow, mud, and puddles(olny the first time was intentional), all with out cleaning or changing brushes. i took it apart and found a loose magnet wich i will epoxy back into place. i had the comm cut. and will eventauly throw it all back together.(with some new brushes of course). I've got a core stock and 19t. although i pretty much run the 12 turn. hope you enjoyed my essay.

I think I have tried almost all the Speed gems motors except for one I can never get since Its not in stock or I have no funds to buy it. I have also ran the D4..I think. It was the first version of that series.It was nice but I never had a motor lathe to cut the Comm. Gave it away. Iuse to have a couple Reedy Modifieds in my RC10. Those were really fun . Hooking that upto a high forward current ESC was pretty fun.

Do I get an A?

Runnin The Trinity Chameleon 2 Pro. 19t spec
Very Nice Unit.

Back