Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sausage egg and cheese bagel and a caramel cappuccino
Untitled232_20240428104005.png

My normal breakfast and it's getting old.
Do you guys not eat oatmeal in Idaho? I have oatmeal with blueberries or bananas every once in awhile. It leaves me feeling all energetic and full til dinner.

Do you guys not eat oatmeal in Idaho? I have oatmeal with blueberries or bananas every once in awhile. It leaves me feeling all energetic and full til dinner.
Not a fan of oatmeal. I don't mind it but just not my favorite.
But yes we have Oatmeal. :p

Yeah instant does suck, but still not a fan of oatmeal.
I am not a huge fan of it either, but it does leave me feeling pretty good throughout the day vs eating a breaky loaded with grease or high carb stuff.

Says the guy that just ate a sausage egg and cheese bagel 😅

My mom gets like 4 or 5 boxes when they are on sale
View attachment 188780
There's a significant difference, in health benefits, between instant oats and rolled oats. Rolled oats are the kind that is cooked in boiling water or left in liquid overnight to soften, to make it palatable.
While I actually like the Instant packet stuff, they are the equivalent of sugary cereals.

There's a significant difference, in health benefits, between instant oats and rolled oats. Rolled oats are the kind that is cooked in boiling water or left in liquid overnight to soften, to make it palatable.
I don't know what they do to make them instsnt oats, but it can't be good. They have the texture of old mush. The steel cut oats have a really good bite to them. I never cook my oats in the microwave either. That just destroys them.

I don't know what they do to make them instsnt oats, but it can't be good. They have the texture of old mush. The steel cut oats have a really good bite to them. I never cook my oats in the microwave either. That just destroys them.
I believe they cook them and then dehydrate them. A lot, if not most, of the beneficial fibers is discarded with the water it was cooked in.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of boiled hotdogs. That doesn't look very appetizing.
I'm a fan of boiled and steamed hot dogs, but that dish is a hot mess, figuratively and literally!
I don't get the point: a few dozen strands of spaghetti, and then cooking the bacon in the sauce?! Boiled bacon?!

Last edited:
Judging by the pic, yes but it was a good amount of bird in there. :D
In my defense there is health issues while practicing the more burger than bun routine.

Judging by the pic, yes but it was a good amount of bird in there. :D
In my defense there is health issues while practicing the more burger than bun routine.
Yeah, tutkey isn't very good for your iron thingy I bet.

Last edited:
Back