Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackened wings with Bachan's Japanese sauce, rice (with Banchan's) celery sticks, couple dumplings, and some ranch. I made my blackened seasoning extra, extra spicy 😋
View attachment 188378

Oh, and a root beer 😉
Oh man, not only do those wings look amazing but also a root beer to go with them, now you’re talking!
JR

Oh man, not only do those wings look amazing but also a root beer to go with them, now you’re talking!
JR
They were pretty good. That Bachan's Japanese sauce really took them over the top. Gotta make some for Breydon next time he's here. He loves wings.

Of course, my best friend knows I'm a Flan fan. He was at Sam's Club a few days ago and picked these up for me and dropped them by this afternoon. For an off the shelf store bought I am very surprised they are really pretty tasty. Sorta small but that's alright. I was looking for the post of the gentleman that was trying all the different packaged Flans, but I couldn't find it. Pretty buried. Was this one of the packaged Flans he tried?
20240422_195544.jpg

20240422_195610.jpg

20240422_195910.jpg

Of course, my best friend knows I'm a Flan fan. He was at Sam's Club a few days ago and picked these up for me and dropped them by this afternoon. For an off the shelf store bought I am very surprised they are really pretty tasty. Sorta small but that's alright. I was looking for the post of the gentleman that was trying all the different packaged Flans, but I couldn't find it. Pretty buried. Was this one of the packaged Flans he tried?
View attachment 188423
View attachment 188424
View attachment 188425
Yeah, that was me. Those are the best ones I found in the store brand offerings. Yeah, they aren't terrible. The syrup is just a tad watery. This was the Raymundo brand.
Untitled190_20240403222642.png

Rice pudding with raisins for desert
View attachment 188453
When I was a kid, a neighbors kid and I strolled a street or two over. An elderly couple would give him some. I didn't know them and apparently he did not either.

Mom later had some in the front garage fridge. I would sneak in after a spoon here and there.

Lunch today at one of my fav. Mexican Restaurants. Santa Fe Burrito. Grilled chicken Burrito smothered in green chili with bacon topping. The bacon is like a blackened version. It is sooooo good. And need I say it, Flan for dessert 🤣🤣🤣. Every time I eat out, I tell myself "Now, don't eat too much!" Time after time I eat way too much and end up feeling so stuffed as I'm leaving the restaurant. When will I ever learn? Really having a tough time teaching this old dawg new tricks. 😆
20240423_122522.jpg

20240423_130843.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch today at one of my fav. Mexican Restaurants. Santa Fe Burrito. Grilled chicken Burrito smothered in green chili with bacon topping. The bacon is like a blackened version. It is sooooo good. And need I say it, Flan for dessert 🤣🤣🤣. Every time I eat out, I tell myself "Now, don't eat too much!" Time after time I eat way too much and end up feeling so stuffed as I'm leaving the restaurant. When will I ever learn. Really having a tough time teaching this old dawg new tricks. 😆
View attachment 188462
View attachment 188463

Looks great. I say that all the time. Then wonder......If I tip the staff enough, would they roll me to the car? Lol.

Did Nordy stepped through the taters to get to the meat? 😆

Made myself shrimp fried rice! Instead of my usual soy sauce, I used original Banchan. Soooo goood!!!
View attachment 188471
I've been using the original Bachans in fried rice for quite a while. It's like a cheat code. Been telling everyone I know. Screw Uncle Roger!

Last edited:
Back