Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does that bacon jam taste like?

Well duh, bacon 🤣 but still

Where can I find it?
We have not tried it yet, we found it on the web.

Chicken sandwich, and chicken fried chicken. 😁
20240417_195851_resized.jpg
20240417_195938_resized.jpg

I make my own bacon jam. Google. Lots of recipes. Easy to make. Stay away from the ones with 20 ingredients. Not necessary. Simpler, the better. Here's the one I've settled on. I use Vadalia onions, and a little course ground black pepper. The coffee gives it a slight chocolate taste. Great on toast. Even better on a burger. Add some to your scrambled eggs....

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/the-best-bacon-jam/#wprm-recipe-container-60152

Edit: I made fish sandwiches for lunch today. Proper ones. Gorton filets. Kraft tartar sauce. Cheddar cheese on toasted hamburger buns. Better than Mickey D's!

Edit: I made fish sandwiches for lunch today. Proper ones. Gorton filets. Kraft tartar sauce. Cheddar cheese on toasted hamburger buns. Better than Mickey D's!

Nope, you can't toast the buns, it's against regulations. 🤔

No, they steam it.....purposely!
Might be another reason why I like 'em so much.
The FOF is one of their oldest menu itemd. Must be doing something right to stay on the menu for so long.
They seem so small now though.

Yeah, toasted buns on fish sammiches... it's better.
Too you. ha

Let's not change the subject. The fillet O Fish sandwich is really good. To say otherwise , would be a travesty of justice. I like my double cheese burgers. as well.

Last edited:
When it comes to sandwich bread, I could do toasted or non-toasted for a majority of sammies. However, for me there are some restrictions: BLT always toasted; PBJ never toasted; English muffins always toasted; pita bread never toasted.

toasted buns for hot dogs 😉
Yes Good that way.

When it comes to sandwich bread, I could do toasted or non-toasted for a majority of sammies. However, for me there are some restrictions: BLT always toasted; PBJ never toasted; English muffins always toasted; pita bread never toasted.
filet O fish never toasted. :cool: ..When have you ever had a fillet O fish with a toasted bun? The soft bun, fish and cheese. OMG. 💥 😁 . Now I want one. They are hard to replicate. 👀

Tonight, Sea Scallops, and tiny shrimp. Rice with saffron. 😁 :thumbs-up:. Went shopping today. 💥

Last edited:
filet O fish never toasted. :cool: ..When have you ever had a fillet O fish with a toasted bun? The soft bun, fish and cheese. OMG. 💥 😁 . Now I want one. They are hard to replicate. 👀
You missed a previous post 👇
No, they steam it.....purposely!
Might be another reason why I like 'em so much.
The FOF is one of their oldest menu items.
Must be doing something right to stay on the menu for so long.

Back