Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for posting the recipe for Flan. Hope as many members as possible here are able to try it because once you've had it, you'll just want more. I became hooked on Flan many many years ago now when a girlfriend and I went to Costco's one day and I saw one from their bakery. It was covered with all sorts of fruit, Kiwi, strawberries, blueberries tangerines and the like. She was the one that told me I should try it. From that day forward I was a Flan Fan.

Lunch a week ago from a Mexican restaurant I was trying for the first time. Smothered Burrito with Chorizo and, of course, Flan for dessert!
View attachment 186617
View attachment 186624

Lunch yesterday at a little out of the way Mexican Restaurant. No Flan, however. They don't have any desserts unfortunately. You know when you eat something somewhere it reminds you of good times you've enjoyed somewhere in the past? The food here is just like that for me. The taste always takes me to my happy place! 😎👍
Smothered Burrito Supreme with Carne Asada. If you haven't guessed it by now, I have to be the biggest Burrito consumer in my county 🤣. Friends give me grief about it all the time. I'm about the only person I know that will ride a motorcycle 100 miles just to have Mexican food someplace out of the way. 😂👌
View attachment 186628
I totally get it. I've ridden through two states in a quest for French Toast. 200 something miles. Would leave the house at 5:00am on a Sunday and get home around noon. Digging that burrito though.

Just had linguine with meatballs. Jar sauce.....sshh, don't tell Mrs. X!
Made sloppy joe as well. Since we don't have any rolls, my son had the remaining linguine with the sj. Then he had a Greek pita with more sj.
20240328_172838.jpg
20240328_175801.jpg

I totally get it. I've ridden through two states in a quest for French Toast. 200 something miles. Would leave the house at 5:00am on a Sunday and get home around noon. Digging that burrito though.
🤣🤣🤣 I hear ya. Some years ago, I was very hooked (and very much still am) on a Mexican drink called Horchata. If you're not familiar it's not a surprise. I became acquainted with it maybe in 2015 merely by happenstance. Became so addicted to it that when I was out riding my motorcycle, I would intentionally plan my route of return home around a 7-11 store just so I could stop in and get the biggest Big Gulp I could get full of Horchata. It's a rice water and cinnamon drink that is so good I can barely stand it. Here, again, my best friend and his wife won't have anything to do with it since it's too sweet for them.

While we're on the subject of Flan and ordering it at your favorite Mexican Restaurant why not give Horchata a try? It's pronounced "orchata", the "H" is silent. Just ask the waitress/waiter if she/he would be able to give you just a taste of it since you don't want to order an entire glass of something you may not want. And don't blame me if you acquire an addiction to it because I will deny I ever said anything about it. 😁🤙

🤣🤣🤣 I hear ya. Some years ago, I was very hooked (and very much still am) on a Mexican drink called Horchata. If you're not familiar it's not a surprise. I became acquainted with it maybe in 2015 merely by happenstance. Became so addicted to it that when I was out riding my motorcycle, I would intentionally plan my route of return home around a 7-11 store just so I could stop in and get the biggest Big Gulp I could get full of Horchata. It's a rice water and cinnamon drink that is so good I can barely stand it. Here, again, my best friend and his wife won't have anything to do with it since it's too sweet for them.

While we're on the subject of Flan and ordering it at your favorite Mexican Restaurant why not give Horchata a try? It's pronounced "orchata", the "H" is silent. Just ask the waitress/waiter if she/he would be able to give you just a taste of it since you don't want to order an entire glass of something you may not want. And don't blame me if you acquire an addiction to it because I will deny I ever said anything about it. 😁🤙
I'm honestly thinking Mexican for Friday or Saturday night. We have a great place near us in Springfield. I'm asking for both of those things. Btw...the best French Toast I found was in W Lebanon NY. $28 which caused me to chock a bit but it was good.

Horchata's are awesome. Pretty easy to make at home too.

Everytime Horchata comes around here it's always said with an h.🫠🤪
I'm honestly thinking Mexican for Friday or Saturday night. We have a great place near us in Springfield. I'm asking for both of those things. Btw...the best French Toast I found was in W Lebanon NY. $28 which caused me to chock a bit but it was good.
$28 seems a bit hard to swallow.

There's a medieval show and dinner thing in this area, and the big food thing are the giant smoked turkey legs.
Dinner, a show and I hope they have cots because I'd need a nap after a turkey leg.

The Mrs so wanted the quesadillas she had the other night so we had them again, only thing two cut into four wasn’t enough for me last time so she made me three cut into six, only thing was I wanted chicken added rather then just cheese and spice, so she added chicken bites, yet I was STUFFED after finishing the fifth, but I ended up putting the sixth down and I’m TOTALY STUFFED!!
JR

Back