What tires to buy for dirt/clay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your running on dry dusty clay...and its hardpacked go with panther switches or proline cellblocks

if its not slick but tacky...heres a neat trick....get some proline dirty hairy's...and run them backwards....works kinda the same principle as a tractor tire....try them both ways and watch what happens when you have them backwards...may just surprise ya....lol

scotthg1 said:
Hey Darth,I thought you ordered the Mug shots? Why don't you return them if you already have a set of the knuckles?

I sold the last set of Knuckles with my Storm. Why I am getting the Knuckes 2.0 is another story.

Well if they sent you the wrong pair then return them and get the mugshots. You know the knuckles won't work on our track conditions. Also I need you to buy the mugshots so if they work like crap I don't have to buy them. LOL

I would start with Panther Komodo Drag. Medium compound up front and Komo Drag. II Medium in the rear and see if that works....if it doesn't try the soft compound.

I have my original tires from ofna and I think I'll pickup a set of crimefighters or komodo's and then something in between the two. That should cover what I will be dealing with on track conditions.

Thanks guys

Most of the time i run MUGSHOTS they seems to hook up real good on most tracks around here because theyre always wet (even in the summer) because theres always some one hosing the track down with some water so we get nice grip and its also clay.

Back