what paint to use on rims?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroiscool

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got a proline wabash 40 seriers and its white and i want to paint it orange..what paint do i need to get/were?

you should try an outomotive paint with a good primer and clear coat. it will still scratch. but not as much as useing lexan paint. i have painted plastics before with this method and good results. the hardest problem i had was finding the right colors

I would say go with the automotive plastic paint they make for like car dashes...

IMO instead of painting it you should go out and buy some orange dye. It'll work much better over a long term. I forget the exact type of dye but I'm sure one of the others will tell you.

:goodpost: You want some RIT dye!

dye??? were can i get thoes? also will that affect it when i glue the tires on the rims like it wont have a good bond to it that it will come lose or not stick to it and will rip off at some time when its been used?

thanks for you advise guys:bow::bow:

dye??? were can i get thoes? also will that affect it when i glue the tires on the rims like it wont have a good bond to it that it will come lose or not stick to it and will rip off at some time when its been used?

thanks for you advise guys:bow::bow:

You can find the dye at most grocery stores, Wal-Mart are similar places, the name brand is Rit. The dye soaks into the plastic and it will not come off.

The dye is in the laundry detergent section at walmart. Much better choice than painting. It wont chip and scratch like paint will.

As long as the wheels you have are dieable I would go with RIT dye, I used to dye all my Associated RC10 parts back in the day when thay only came in white, man that was a long time ago, nothing like a big pot of boiling water some RIT dye and bunch of rc parts, I can smell it now!!!!!

Back