What Other Motor??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saidin270

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry for all my newb questions guys but I'm addicted :). I'm thinking of getting a new motor for my HPI MT2 G3.0 but unsure as to what motor could fit on my rig. I bought my car used and it runs fine and can move but doesn't seem to have the "full" power as it should. The guy said it only had a about 10 - 12 tanks through it but was probably a few more. I'm wondering if the 4.6 from HPI would fit but thinking it would be too big. Does anyone have any information or ideas that might help me out.

you need to stick with a small block engine for that rig, the OS 15 or 18 models should drop right in

if you went big block your looking at alot of work and the .18 from OS should be plenty of power for that rig

sorry: heres a linky http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2104.html

not sure that is the exact one you need, you need to check to see if you have the short or long crank

Last edited:
you need to stick with a small block engine for that rig, the OS 15 or 18 models should drop right in

if you went big block your looking at alot of work and the .18 from OS should be plenty of power for that rig

sorry: heres a linky http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2104.html

not sure that is the exact one you need, you need to check to see if you have the short or long crank

All the motors are smaller than whats in mine right now. I guess if I got the savage x engine I would have to do some custom work to make it right. I wonder if anyone else has done the swap. Thanks for your help though.

The 3.0cc is a .18ci, so the OS18 would be similar in size.

Although, you may want to check your clutch shoes and slipper setting. If the shoes are glazed up, rough them up with fine sand paper and do the same to the inside of the bell where the shoes make contact. If it's the slipper, tighten it up a bit.

If your slipper is loose or/and your clutch shoes are glazed, it won't have the snap off the line it should have regardless what engine it is.

The 3.0cc is a .18ci, so the OS18 would be similar in size.

Although, you may want to check your clutch shoes and slipper setting. If the shoes are glazed up, rough them up with fine sand paper and do the same to the inside of the bell where the shoes make contact. If it's the slipper, tighten it up a bit.

If your slipper is loose or/and your clutch shoes are glazed, it won't have the snap off the line it should have regardless what engine it is.

I checked the shoes and they were fine but the slipper was set real loose. I tightened it up a good bit so I'll find out how much of a difference it makes when I get my other parts.