What option parts to buy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba best

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi!
I´m looking for a RTR Savage (i guess Savage X) but vant option parts
for making it extremely strong and fast.
Therefore i wonder if the axial .32 is a good choice as a option
engine and the HPI 3 gear box.
May bigger wheels (7") be a good choise to get at better gear ratio?
Is this enough or is there any other option parts that i should buy?

Bubba

i have the axial .32 it is a bmf i have lots of alum and a 5in extended tvps the more moter you get the bigger tires you get the more money you are gonna spend take time and plan out what you wanna do if you are gonna bash just use stock stuff if you wanna race get alum and carbon fiber if you are gonna show it go all alum

I gotta go with topdogg71 on this one if you want to race then I would suggest the aluminum diff housing not the cups although that is an option. change the shock oil to 20Wt. get some RCBoyz triple rate springs. find a set of LCG TVP's (HPI is making them now) get a set of dirt bonz tires and some strong rims. I'd also recommend the linkage mod can be found just use the search. don't bother with aluminum arms cause if you bend em after a nasty wreck your whole day at the track is pretty much over stick to the plastic they take a beating and keep going. carbon fiber is an option but I find it unnecessary. a mid tank mod would be nice but not strictly necessary.

for bashing again keep it mostly stock get the aluminum diff housing not the cups it's what the diff it self sits in. other than that you really don't need much more aluminum unless you want a skid plate.

For show sky's the limit how deep is your wallet?

Back