What mills are all you running in your buggies.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i think I'm going to buy Razors Inferno MP 7.5 and ill need to put an engine in there so i just want to get the idea of what most are running.

I secound that. Or at least i would like to run it

Ofna Picco 26 Outlaw and, Ofna 8 Port Race engine

I run the Andy Brown Mac. mod. The engine is crazy fast on the top end. When I need low end I go with my Rex P5. I am looking for a new engin now and it is going to be a AB Mac mod again or a RB C5.

Ofna Hyper 8 port in my GS Storm.

Last edited:
1meathead said:
I run the Andy Brown Mac. mod. The engine is crazy fast on the top end. When I need low end I go with my Rex P5. I am looking for a new engin now and it is going to be a AB Mac mod again or a RB C5.
how does a c-5 compare to a c-4 i know the c-4 kicked some serious ass

Now I'm running with the Picco P3R, is a good cheap engine, is not like the RBw S7 I owned in the past, but I only use the buggy for bashing.

I'm running a XTM-24.7 All kinds of low end power, but it doesn't have much on top unless you don't mind running it hot(which I don't recommend). I think for the price you can't beat it.

Hows this engine? Trinity .21 Does it have the right crank shaft to fit in the Kyosho Inferno MP7.5? I like it because it kills two birds with one stone because it comes with a pipe and that means i wont have to go out and buy a pipe (dont have a lot of cash to throw around).

hb1111 said:
how does a c-5 compare to a c-4 i know the c-4 kicked some serious ass

Not sure on the C4 but the C5 has crazy top end! It is a race engine for sure!!!!

I run a RB WS7II... i heard alot of people dont like the C5, cuz it hits so hard on the top end.. makes for too much torque.. and your just blowin tires off the rims..

I've also seen the C-5. It has a great low end when tuned correctly (its tough to get this tune) and the high end is stupid, there is absoutly no end to it.

I've also seen the Hyper 8 port in action, for an rtr buggy its actually not bad, the carb is a bit finicky, but its pretty fast. I wouldn't recomend it for racing unless your racing a bunch of rtr buggies with stock engines.

Thats just my .02

I would say for good all around race engines look at the WS7, Mac, nova rossi brand P5's, Sirrio Kanai. For more speed look at the C5 and the mod C5, JP mods, Mac mods. They have more but this would be what I would use.

As above the 8port is an ok engine! I used one for a year when I got my first buggy. Nice speed and not a bad price.

i use a hyper 8 port with a modded piston. The extra power makes it competetive with most of the race engines at my track.

m2k, paris picco, top 421b, p5, and os rg. out of the four i switch around from, i would say the os rg is the best bang for the buck. my favorite was the paris picco til yesterday- now i like the m2k better. its a little more expensive but at the same time its also still available.

Back