What electronics for a Losi Micro T?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerhuntr

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I want to try to run my old micro t desert truck. Electronics are smoked I think. Any available motor/esc out there? Upgrade to lipo/brushless would be good. Nothing fast just indoor fun. My boys had these years ago and they are hard to find parts for.

Maybe look at Associated's 1/28th stuff and see if they sell any of the electronics as parts?

Furitek probably makes soemthing that will work. If I remember correctly (I havent owned a micro desert truck in many years) I originally used a micro sidewinder (looks like thats been replaced by the Nano Sodewinder) and a 0808 series Castle motor. That being said it would have been beneficial if I could have found a smaller ESC. I'm not sure how big that Castle Nano is compared to the old Micro Sidewinder. Also the Micro Sidewinder size would have been OK if the receiver had also been built in.

Yeah, reciever and esc are built into one unit. Might take it to hobby shop and see if anyone has suggestions

Yeah, reciever and esc are built into one unit. Might take it to hobby shop and see if anyone has suggestions
It just dawned on me that I did not use a Castle 0808 motor in the MDT. I used a special brushless motor that Losi sold especially for that rig. Just FYI

UPDATE: found a strand of wire from the + lead touching on the circuit board. This is where the smoke came from. Turns out all still works, just a short. Bought a 030 motor but it doesn't quite Mach up. Just a hair bigger and screw holes are off a hair and bigger. What gives? Thought this was 030. Looking for a battery and hoping for fun