what do i need to get my xxx-nt running and to maintain it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys. my xxx-nt has been sitting in my room for about 3 days and I'm pulling my hair out because i can't use it. the starter box hasnt come yet. anyway, i am gonna go to the hobby shop probably this weekend to buy fuel, glow plugs, and everything else i need to get it running and for maintenance. heres what i think i need:

fuel- the fantom was broken in on 20% so I'm gonna keep using it. i hear blue thunder, trinity, and o'donnel are good.

glow plugs- the guy who sold me the car says to use OS #8 glow plugs for the fantom. if anyone here disagrees and wants to recommend another one, go ahead.

now i dont know what else to get. i think i need things like after run oil and air filter oil but I'm not really sure. if someone can please tell me everything else i need to buy i would appreciate it.
also what do i buy to clean it? denatured alchohol I've heard works.

thanks alot.

Definatley get some after run oil. For fuel, i have actually herd people say that they dont like blue thunder. I personally use byrons race 2000 in my 3xnt. I have herd great things about o'donnell.For gloe plugs, not sure with that engine.For cleaning try some simple green and air pressure. Good luck!!

ok so ill get some after run oil. anything else? what about air filter oil. I'm not really sure how to clean my air filter. i assume just run some water through it, let it dry, and then oil it up a little. it has no foam i dont really know what kind it is.
i guess for fuel ill just see what the LHS stocks.

any one else have some input on what else i should get? oh yeah what about shock oil? do i need that?

thanks again.

Originally posted by Banshee
hey guys. my xxx-nt has been sitting in my room for about 3 days and I'm pulling my hair out because i can't use it. the starter box hasnt come yet. anyway, i am gonna go to the hobby shop probably this weekend to buy fuel, glow plugs, and everything else i need to get it running and for maintenance. heres what i think i need:

fuel- the fantom was broken in on 20% so I'm gonna keep using it. i hear blue thunder, trinity, and o'donnel are good.

glow plugs- the guy who sold me the car says to use OS #8 glow plugs for the fantom. if anyone here disagrees and wants to recommend another one, go ahead.

now i dont know what else to get. i think i need things like after run oil and air filter oil but I'm not really sure. if someone can please tell me everything else i need to buy i would appreciate it.
also what do i buy to clean it? denatured alchohol I've heard works.

thanks alot.

To get it running, buy fuel and glow plugs and a glow ignitor. To maintain it get after-run oil, and a set of wrenches that fit all the crazy hex head screws on the vehicle. Doesn't hurt to have extra fuel tubing either. make sure you have wrenches to remove wheels if you have to. Got batteries? Chargers?

EB

k i got batteries and chargers and glow starter.
so fuel and glow plugs.
and after run oil, and what about air filter oil? nobody mentioned that. maybe you guys use some other type of oil for the filter.
also i have a set of allen wrenches but i think I'm gonna get a few drivers because those little things can get annoying. i think I'm gonna try to get a new set of foams for my air filter if they carry them (i think i have a motor saver- or at least its real similar)

thanks alot, ill be going to my lhs in a couple days to pick all this stuff up.

for my air fliters I use wd 40 with a couple of drops of after run oil. works for me

Back