What Are th MUST-HAVE Upgrades For the T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMaximizer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for the BEST upgrades, for all around fun!

RPM A-Arms, Shock Towers, and Aluminum bulk heads for durability.

Must Haves

I agree with the above. If you want ride-height adjustability, Pro-Line shock towers are nice, never broke one yet. They use the old style round body mounts, so not as durable as RPM or stock square body mounts. ProLine Runtime tank adds run time as name suggests, and help with rollover due to line in tank being attached with fuel tube. quarter inch of fuel tube on shock shafts help bottoming out. Can route antenna through the back of cab instead of the top to save breaks. RPM skid guards are nice. Alum servo guard on steering servo, keep stock air filter, keep up on maintenance, Pad your battery box with foam on top of battery. keep your stock plastic spur to save your tranny. Traxxas tubes, when/if your break your steel toe links. Keep engine mounting screws tight, or threadlock them, they WILL come loose. Break engine in Traxxas way. Stay away from aluminum moving parts unless weight is not an issue, and you have unlimited funds, they will bend. Integy brand stuff looks nice, but fits poorly and is only guaranteed unless you install it on your truck, yes you read that right. Anyone else fill in the blanks. HAVE FUN, most of all.

On my T Maxx I went with aluminum bulkheads,aluminum bellcrank,aluminum chassis braces,aluminum skidplates front,mid and rear...For the A-arms,knuckles and shock towers,- I went with RPM...So far the combo has surpassed the stock build-up big time

Integy stuff is for shelf queens.Its pretty, thin and fragile..I put Integy Front bumper braces and skidplates on my MGT and they got blasted up and bent so badly it bound-up my steering servo gear the second time out...

I never had problems with integy.. i had the chassis braces and front and rear bulkheads... never had a problem... but most guys complain about color consistency.. one piece will be a few shades lighter/darker... just dont buy their shocks.. they are junk.

Back