What’s your EDC pocketknife?

• Thread starter F.R.S. Ninja_007
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed something small to fit on my key chain and not take up a lot of room in my pocket.
I use to get these but they are not available any more. Not expensive and they worked well.
1705723318982.jpeg

Now I get these for my key rings.
1705723035106.jpeg

I also have this one for camping on my trailer key ring. Too big to carry every day but nice to carry for hiking or camping.
1705723202040.jpeg

I needed something small to fit on my key chain and not take up a lot of room in my pocket.
I use to get these but they are not available any more. Not expensive and they worked well.
View attachment 179439
Now I get these for my key rings.
View attachment 179435
I also have this one for camping on my trailer key ring. Too big to carry every day but nice to carry for hiking or camping.
View attachment 179438
I have a Kershaw shuffle which I use to carry quite a bit. It's small but maybe too big for key ring.

71Jy9jEYf5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I have a Kershaw shuffle which I use to carry quite a bit. It's small but maybe too big for key ring.

View attachment 179447
I agree. I need to find a smaller one I like.
Been carrying my keys in my jacket pocket pocket so it hasn't been a big deal. but when it warms back up I'll be going back to my pant pocket and I will have to find something smaller.

Been carrying my keys in my jacket pocket pocket so it hasn't been a big deal. but when it warms back up I'll be going back to my pant pocket and I will have to find something smaller.
What about a small multitool like Leatherman Squirt P4 or PS4 or S4. That's what I have on my keys atm. Or a Leatherman Style.

I use to carry a Leatherman years ago. I found it pretty heavy. I have not checked them out lately.
I will check out the models you recommended. Maybe they do not weigh as much as they used to.
Thanks.

I use to carry a Leatherman years ago. I found it pretty heavy. I have not checked them out lately.
I will check out the models you recommended. Maybe they do not weigh as much as they used to.
Thanks.
The Style PS is lightweight from memory.

SPECS
Closed length: 2.9 in | 7.5 cm
Weight: 1.58 oz | 44.7 g

Small blade though.

That is a nice sheath - did you make it or custom build or did it come with it?
Thanks, no there called Zermatt’s, there made in a few diff sizes and two colors in order to fit all 91mm SAk’s, here’s most of mine, the first one is my grandfathers, the second was my first which my grandfather gave me, it spent a whole year in the woods, I lost my first sak in it and I spent a whole week with metal detectors trying to find it, but then one day after all seasons, all rain and snow, I fell face first and found it right in front of me under a few leafs, now these others i customized, our son was getting his first knife which was the same SAK that my grandfather gave me, but I changed one of the scales on it so he could call it “Deadpool“, Amazon screwed up and sent us two, and we called them but they said we could keep it without charging us, so, I changed the scales on it and ended up calling it “the beast” and what I did with the sheaths was ripped all the stitching out, put holes on the flap and restitched them with some funky colors in order to match the SAK’s,
JR

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

Here you want ones I made, I always liked to carry a combo multitool/flashlight, at first a simple maglite worked and that top sheath was great, but then I got that monster flashlight and well, it didn’t fit, so I made the first on on the left and made my way to the right, that center pancake one was my fav, as you can see it got the most wear to it, but then I had two custom ones, neither got that much use, but are nice! That SAK, in the pics is one I had custom made,,
JR

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

Thanks.
My car key hangs solo on an aluminum carabiner, and I just don't want any additional weight on it. I prefer my edc to be single hand deployed, so I don't carry a multitool on my person. Just a small folder.
I got this for free, buy I just keep it in the car.
20240120_112533.jpg

1220200929a.jpg

Thanks, no there called Zermatt’s, there made in a few diff sizes and two colors in order to fit all 91mm SAk’s, here’s most of mine, the first one is my grandfathers, the second was my first which my grandfather gave me, it spent a whole year in the woods, I lost my first sak in it and I spent a whole week with metal detectors trying to find it, but then one day after all seasons, all rain and snow, I fell face first and found it right in front of me under a few leafs, now these others i customized, our son was getting his first knife which was the same SAK that my grandfather gave me, but I changed one of the scales on it so he could call it “Deadpool“, Amazon screwed up and sent us two, and we called them but they said we could keep it without charging us, so, I changed the scales on it and ended up calling it “the beast” and what I did with the sheaths was ripped all the stitching out, put holes on the flap and restitched them with some funky colors in order to match the SAK’s,
JR

View attachment 179464

View attachment 179465
That is some very cool items. Last summer my grandson, he was 11 at the time, lost a Case knife, his dad gave him, out in a field at our friend's house where we were shooting rifles. We looked and looked and followed every path we took. It was getting dusk, and we all just gave up and decided to go to the house, maybe bring a metal detector our at a later point. We turned around and about 15 steps in - walla there it was, he found it.
If you just want a small lightweight knife I have this one, it is about 3/16 thick and 3" closed. Gerber 1910116A

Attachments

• Gerber 1910116A.jpg
    Gerber 1910116A.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9
That is some very cool items. Last summer my grandson, he was 11 at the time, lost a Case knife, his dad gave him, out in a field at our friend's house where we were shooting rifles. We looked and looked and followed every path we took. It was getting dusk, and we all just gave up and decided to go to the house, maybe bring a metal detector our at a later point. We turned around and about 15 steps in - walla there it was, he found it.

If you just want a small lightweight knife I have this one, it is about 3/16 thick and 3" closed. Gerber 1910116A

The first knife my dad gave me was a Case. :thumbs-up:

Not EDC yet, but I have 2 new knifes on the way.

I won this CIVIVI Cogent Flipper & Button Lock.
View attachment 179205

And bought this just now.
CJRB LARGE Pyrite, Buttonlock, Titanium Handle
View attachment 179207

I'm looking forward to their arrival 😊
The Civivi Cogent I won arrived. They sent me one with the coarse micarta scales which is nice.

1000004959.jpg

1000004965.jpg

The CJRB L Pyrite I ordered was wrong. I had to send it back 🤦‍♂️

Back