Well... I got a savage again...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a few bashing buddies that I've been meeting the past few years. One of which really understands the effort it takes to keep any nitro rig in good running condition. And a couple of which that don't understand it at all...

Well, not too long ago, he (one of the the ones that doesn't understand the work/maintenance required) had a t-maxx. Then he told us he was thinking of getting a buggy. I know buggies are fun, but they just don't run well in many areas, so me and another suggest he get a big block MT. He found a savage with a brand new STS D30M in it on ebay. I think he paid around $270 for it. The engine was still in the box.

He bought it, fiddled with it, and hated the effort it was taking and made sure to let us know he wished he'd gotten a buggy...

All the while, I had 3 vehicles. A different vehicle to suit my needs in many bashing situations. A 1/8 buggy, aftershock and jato. Each have their place.

He saw my buggy run a few times and every time he saw it he would just bitch bitch bitch about how he shouldn't have listened to us.

I was tired of hearing his jawjacking. Much like your tired of reading this crap, I finally said, "SCREW IT!!! YOU WANT IT?!?!? IT'S YOURS!!!!"

He didn't think too long about it (about 12 hours) and I get a phone call from my other buddy that's better friends with him saying he wanted to know if I was serious.

Well... I have a savage now. We traded. He got my old Jammin XB1 with a XTM 24.7 in it and I got a savage with a STSD30 in it. We traded everything but electronics, so he had to suffer with his crappy servos on his new buggy and I"m running a couple 200oz servos on my savage.

I just finished going over it and fixing all the things he ignored (took about 6 hours of tinkering today) and I'll probably take it out tomorrow morning to see how it runs with me at the wheel and me at the tuning screwdriver. The engine only has about 10-15 tanks through it.

Then tomorrow afternoon, we are all meeting to bash together again.

Anyway... sorry for rambling, but I had to tell someone! ;)

Photo's of the new toy and of new toy with the old toys:
2008-1018-SavageExtendedSTSD30M.jpg

2008-1018-SavageExtANDAftershock02.jpg

2008-1018-SavageExtANDAftershock01.jpg

And all 4 of them:
2008-1018-JatoMicroTExtSavageAftershock.jpg

Hopefully get some vids tomorrow.

The new savage doesn't have too much aftermarket other than the obvious:
HB Ext TVP's (can't find a replacement rear center axle...)
STS D30M engine

I will more than likely put LST shocks on it, put lunsford turnbuckles on the front, make turnbuckle eliminators for the rear, make a "signature" roll bar for the rear of it as I hate to feel unprotected and perhaps replace the fuel tank if the uni-flow mod doesn't work well enough for me.

Last edited:
It just isn't looking right without one of your Olds Edition roll bars on it.

Sure... joke all you want... lol!

(it's silently killing me that I don't have some round bar laying around...)

C'mon... Where's the LOVE?!?!?

As you can see, I have evolved my round bar roll bars to the point that I don't have to destroy the entire rear of the body. Geez... lol!

Awww, how cute, one of them is having a baby :D

....took me a bit to see the micro-t but ya...ROFLMFAO!!!

Welcome back to savage land Olds!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have absolutely no doubt he'll be jealous tomorrow when you're bashing the heck out of it and it's running great due to some patience and TLC.

I have absolutely no doubt he'll be jealous tomorrow when you're bashing the heck out of it and it's running great due to some patience and TLC.

I don't think I'll run it tomorrow at "the bash" due to not having a roll bar and it not being fully broken in yet. I plan on running it in the morning when I'm alone to get a feel for it and see what the STS does. I've read mixed reviews about it, so it may be a shelfer until next season and I throw a different engine in it.

Let me know if you need a link for some good shelving supports.
Got a link? I may need it! ;)

Even after NC pointed it out, I had to really look before I spotted the little guy.

Let me know when it's up to 18 lbs, and I'll give you my commercial supplier.

I am interested in seeing some custom roll cage work on your new savage! Congrats on the baby by the way. What a cute mico-t. LOL

Back