Well crawling is boring and...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hauling is fun so I am going to breed hauling a crawling and hope for a NASTY love child! I have been out of RC since 7-1-10 and playing with 1:1 crawlers and a my trail rig. I have wanting to do something kinda different but not to crazy from the normal. Ultra4 type cars and TTC trucks are the craze so I am shooting for something that will at least run in the 20 to 25 mph range and it will be 4wd and and 4ws. It will be a 4 link front and rear car and the plan is to have some custom lower links cut (trailing arms). You normally see this set up on a Baja style car or an Ultra4 race car. I am planing to run 2 shocks per trailing arm and the car will have 4 trailing arms. I am hoping for good travel and smooth ride. I will also build this thing to have front and rear sway bars for better handling but when you use sway bars you loose articulation, but articulation is sooo 2005. :hehe: I have been collecting parts for a while now and I will be using the Wraith Kit axles. Sticky Ripsaws and another type of Baja Style race tire from RC3wd. I have also picked up new style transfer case that uses the internals from a AX-10,SCX-10 or the Wraith transmission and bolts nicely in the chassis rails of the SCX-10 chassis. More to come...

So kind of a formula rig with a class 3 mixed? Sounds cool.

Hell yeah Chip, that sounds so bad ass, good too see ya back, can't wait to see what you come up with, sounds like it will be some sort of Frankenstein monster coming out of the CC lab, "it's alive!!!", LOL!!!

Hell yeah Chip, that sounds so bad ass, good too see ya back, can't wait to see what you come up with, sounds like it will be some sort of Frankenstein monster coming out of the CC lab, "it's alive!!!", LOL!!!

Sup Dooood, how ya beeeez!

Sup Dooood, how ya beeeez!

Not much just work and crawling when I have time, first comp of the new season is tomorrow morning, working on a scaler build, but that is a very slow process for me.:\

Back