Weight distribution problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_salsa

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
As stated in my previous thread. I've got a bit of a problem with the rear of my RC10 pulling the nose up too far up and making it difficult to turn and accelerate at the same time. Well, hell making it difficult to accelerate and stay on the ground at the same time.

I have to ease slowly onto the throttle just to keep this beast in control.

I know I'm a bit over powered, but isn't that the point? hehe=devil

What I need to know is what is the best way to get some weight up front so that all that muscle isn't wasted?

Thanks,

Jim

On the RC10, if you're pulling the nose up, I would consider a few things.

First, loosen the slipper just a bit. That will ease the power onto the wheels and keep it better planted

Second, is there a carb restrictor on your .15? If not, consider getting one. That will temper the power a bit and keep it steady.

And also you may have to work the shocks a bit. Soften the rear a bit. That will absorb some of the torque and the nose won't be quite as apt to rise.

Lastly, you could add weight to the nose of the truck. I have never tried that. I'm not sure how much it will help. Making the front heavier may keep it on the ground, but also may induce more push in the steering.

I would loosen the slipper a little first and see if that helps.

It's a powerful setup. Can't stop that completely. Just need to contain the power...

Originally posted by Candyman
On the RC10, if you're pulling the nose up, I would consider a few things.

First, loosen the slipper just a bit. That will ease the power onto the wheels and keep it better planted

Second, is there a carb restrictor on your .15? If not, consider getting one. That will temper the power a bit and keep it steady.

I would loosen the slipper a little first and see if that helps.

The slipper is the key.
You should loosen the slipper until you can take off from a dead stop @ 2/3 -3/4 throttle in a straight line with out any torque steer.

Thanks guys!

Am planning on taking this cold weekend to strip my truck down and just do some general maintenance on it.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Supposed to warm up this next week a bit, so maybe I'll get the tear down done this weekend and be able to test on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again,

Jim

Aside from the slipper, consider the shock setup. Like Eddy said, you have to track straight from a dead stop at 3/4 power. Tighten it until it starts to oversteer or loosen it until it stops.

On stadium trucks, running off road, I have found that I like the rear arms to be LEVEL. Semi soft springs, medium oil. The front, slight sag, softer springs and light/medium oil. Works great for me.

Between the suspension setup and the slipper you should be all set.

Adjusting the slipper clutch worked like a charm. No more torque steering, and the front end tracks true.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll post updates and pics as I get them.

You're a great bunch of folks!

Jim

Back