Water proofing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougc

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Will i have seen alot of thinks about water proofing like useing ballons. I thought it was lame so i never did it. After thinking and looking for ways i found one i was going to use. https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/reviews/waterproofing/index.htm

Some how i didnt trust it so i found a spare servo and diped it 2 times. Just like they say to do. Not following what it says on the can. Of after it dried i took a glass of water and diped it turned everything on and played with it under water for a few minutes. It was great so i took my servos on my car and diped them. It makes the car look better. So if you want to water proof your servo this is the way. Just rember that the dip does make it biggers so 2/3 coats should be good. Rember to clean off the servos before dunking. My brother didnt and when it dried it all cracked.
Thanks BuzzStPoint For writing this Tip.

Doug

Kinda funny, I never really felt the need to h2o proof my electronics....well last Sunday I dunked my T-Maxx into a big mud puddle, completely submerging it for about 10 seconds until I could run to it to yank it out. In the end, I lost a servo completely, and am having slight glitches in another. I just plasti-dipped my servos last night, because I can't afford not to!
Take some time and prepare your expensive hobbies for the worst, because in the end it costs 100X more not to!!

ooo rember if you want your car to be 100% water proof to but a ballon around your reciver

Back