Vileon vxl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuster

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Brand new system and can't get pinion gear to stay on shaft, soon as i put pull trottle it starts to slide off like the set screw isnt tight enough but its tight as it'll go, even tried to let lock tight sit for a hour today and got same results. Also tried different pinion gears. Thanks for any help

If I remember correctly, there should be a flat side on the shaft. You have to make sure the set screw is being tightened down onto that side.

You must not be tightening it up enough. Make sure you're using the correct wrench and crank er down.

Also use some blue LocTite (#242 or 244) on the set screw to keep it from backing out accidentally.

Make sure you are using the right pinion for the right scale motor, I'm pretty sure the motor shafts for the pinion get larger of smaller or what have ya as the scale goes up.

the loctite needs more than an hour, should be 24hrs.
The 243 is better than the 242, if the 242 is still being sold.

There has to be an issue somewhere else in your setup if the above advice isnt fixing it

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Is your pinions bore hole the proper size for the shaft? If it is then try using a different grub screw?

Back